megabomb

8 replies to this topic
  • dforbes67

Posted January 11, 2008 - 11:46 AM

just put a megabomb on my 07 yz450f and had to share results , big difference .I was clutching to get out of corners in 3rd and had slight bog till I got it rolling good or either shift to 2nd and right into 3rd but now it pulls hard in 3rd and wants to start pulling the front end up after I get rolling .Was worried about price verses results but real satisfied after 1 ride

• RR@ARS

Posted January 11, 2008 - 02:30 PM

just put a megabomb on my 07 yz450f and had to share results , big difference .I was clutching to get out of corners in 3rd and had slight bog till I got it rolling good or either shift to 2nd and right into 3rd but now it pulls hard in 3rd and wants to start pulling the front end up after I get rolling .Was worried about price verses results but real satisfied after 1 ride

Is this with the stock muffler?

• crf-f crf-r trx cbr

Posted January 11, 2008 - 08:58 PM

mrd-racing.com....the best!

• dforbes67

Posted January 13, 2008 - 07:32 AM

yes , stock exhaust and no jeting changes

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dveitch8

Posted January 13, 2008 - 09:52 AM

I've got the same setup (07 w/megabomb) and have to concur, real noticable power difference and low end performance. Worth the 200 bucks. I found a better improvement with the throttle response with the boyesen quick shot 2. The quickshot eliminated all bog even from idle. Best 100 bucks spent on my bike

• wes782

Posted January 18, 2008 - 11:41 AM

I've got the same setup (07 w/megabomb) and have to concur, real noticable power difference and low end performance. Worth the 200 bucks. I found a better improvement with the throttle response with the boyesen quick shot 2. The quickshot eliminated all bog even from idle. Best 100 bucks spent on my bike

you have the stock muffler still right? how does it fit up? i keep seeing stuff saying it only works with fmf mufflers... but i just wanna keep my stock muffler...

any pics?

• KJ790

Posted January 18, 2008 - 12:13 PM

FMF headers fit stock silencers fine.

• Dveitch8

Posted January 18, 2008 - 03:23 PM

the stock muffler fits fine with the fmf header I had just the megabomb but eventually got the fmf 4.1 muffler but it definitley works just fine with stock

• almostinvincible119

Posted January 18, 2008 - 06:43 PM

i got the whole unit from fmf with the 4.1. i didnt really care for it. i needed more top and it just made my 06s bottom end too much. i still got it as a backup in case anything happens to the carbon pro. WB is the way to go.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.