problems riding thru sand

5 replies to this topic
  • Rick Krikorian

Posted January 11, 2008 - 07:56 AM

Anybody got any ideas why my 08 WR450 won't track well thru desert sand, bike is all over the place. Bike works really well otherwise. Did not have this problem with my 03 WR.

• Greenroom

Posted January 11, 2008 - 08:26 AM

My 07 was really bad too. The suspesion went to RG3 and a Dunlop 756 made it golden.

• atitagain

Posted January 11, 2008 - 08:53 AM

My 07' seems to be very sensitive to the sag setting. At first I set the sag to the min. and the back wanted to wander in the sand. I then adjusted to the max. and it tracks great, plus the front end seems better too. JM $.02

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted January 11, 2008 - 04:43 PM

probably just needs some better tires. Like Greenroom said, Dunlop 756's work great in sand, and all terrains for that matter. The front works great even at pismo or glamis. I even used a newer rear 756 at pismo one time and it worked great as well. It took a little more to get going, but I liked it better than a paddle at pismo. I've used them in the desert, in the mountains and in sand dunes and have never had any problems

• kevinwr450f

Posted January 12, 2008 - 12:38 PM

Anybody got any ideas why my 08 WR450 won't track well thru desert sand, bike is all over the place. Bike works really well otherwise. Did not have this problem with my 03 WR.

I found the stock tire to be garbage and I just stay on the throttle to control "wondering" on the rear. My .02

• WR450RICKO

Posted January 13, 2008 - 12:33 AM

learn to ride - This bike will ride you if you don't push the settings. Mine kicks my ass in slow tight stuff but floats through the smooth high speed stuff.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.