XR650R HP Power Mods

28 replies to this topic
  • weskc35k

Posted January 12, 2008 - 03:14 PM

Dead stock the Hucky is a better bike.
But when you take them further the Honda takes over.
Yes Baja is different but if Huckies where competetive they would be the bike to be on,but they aren't.
Amatuers would not be on the XR if it wasn't the bomb.
Even now the CRF/X is the shit the XRR will be run for many years to come.
Who in their right mind would run a 2000 model Hucky,but i would run an 2000 XR/R in a heart beat.

• Desertdan

Posted January 13, 2008 - 10:54 PM

A hand full of pro racers at baja does not mean a thing as far as stock bikes go. In the grand scheme of things, a few teams in baja mean nothing to the rest of the entire world. The xr forks are not even close to the 610 forks, regardless of what is done in baja. I have both right here. The reliability of the husky is as good as the honda. They have been making motorcycles for 120 years. Do you think the 1986 style forks on the xr are better the forks on a crf450 ?

You sound very bias towards the Husky i'm guessing the XR belongs to someone else? if not it sounds like you may be ready to sell the XR
let me know when you are taking offers:ride: As far as reliability how many miles on each? and what is the maintenance differences?

• dmvmechanics

Posted January 15, 2008 - 10:39 PM

stock to stock the Husky is better in most ways, but theres a lot more you can do to the xr, where as the Husky has a lot more limits ($$$$$)

• boost 3

Posted January 15, 2008 - 11:46 PM

I wery god overall powerupp mod on th xr-15-17 hp up from unkorked!!
In sweden Dynorun at rwh 65-67hp and 70-74nm!!
Data
1 Porting the head,,,and shave off 1mm!

2. Wiseco 11-1 piston whit the shavemod you have around 12-1 if you hav oem cam!! Hotcam lower aroand 11,5 ??

3. 42mm mikuni carb
4. Araprovic full system
5. Hotcam stage 2
6. opend upp air box and kn filter
This is i wery god mod whit powerband you going to love ,,,Wery god lower end and midpart of powerband i have no words for? Just holy....The topend is not so reving so to speak.... you dont ned to rev any more then 7000v it is so strong you just svap in the new gear there!! (God for durability)

This is a wery god mod!! Just check valveclerens to the piston when do this mod!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Christian69

Posted January 19, 2008 - 10:46 AM

Here are the Charts from my Xr650R

Black:
Exhaust: Leo Vince
HRC Cam
K&N

Blue:
Akrapovic Complete
HRC Cam
K&N

Green:
Aktapovic Comlete
HRC Cam
Without Airfilter

Posted Image

• radvocaat

Posted February 02, 2008 - 05:53 PM

Baja baja baja baja....:worthy: :ride: :blah: :blah:

Sorry, but it's overwelming how many times I hear dirtbiking defined by Baja.

Wonder if Campbell and his partners could win Baja on a Husky? Hmmmm, I 'd guess YES!
Rider? Bike? Rider? Bike?
XR's are awesome, had two. Sold them for more modern tech. Not a Husky.

Are we talking about a '08 XRR, and a '08 Husky (looks pretty sweet)
( http://www.husqvarna.../DS_TE610E.html )

Wait, they stopped making the XRR. WHY, if it's the bike of all bikes? Hmmmmm

Love your ride, ya, but any of the big bike co. could win "Baja", if they cared to, and will, if they can get the guys that have owned it for the the past years gone by to ride for them, and dump the amount of $$$ Honda has.

:busted:

I guessing this will freak out some of you loyal XRR guys. Sorry!

Too bad there wasn't one of these :cry: with a guy stirring the pot!

Peace

• philipstjohn

Posted February 02, 2008 - 07:46 PM

Baja baja baja baja....:worthy: :ride: :blah: :blah:

Sorry, but it's overwelming how many times I hear dirtbiking defined by Baja.

Wonder if Campbell and his partners could win Baja on a Husky? Hmmmm, I 'd guess YES!
Rider? Bike? Rider? Bike?
XR's are awesome, had two. Sold them for more modern tech. Not a Husky.

Are we talking about a '08 XRR, and a '08 Husky (looks pretty sweet)
( http://www.husqvarna.../DS_TE610E.html )

Wait, they stopped making the XRR. WHY, if it's the bike of all bikes? Hmmmmm

Love your ride, ya, but any of the big bike co. could win "Baja", if they cared to, and will, if they can get the guys that have owned it for the the past years gone by to ride for them, and dump the amount of $$$ Honda has.

:busted:

I guessing this will freak out some of you loyal XRR guys. Sorry!

Too bad there wasn't one of these :eek: with a guy stirring the pot!

Peace

I guess Baja Red is not your color?! I believe most of the guys here on the
XR600/650 forum define their bikes by "Baja Standards" due to the fact historically the big bore XR's have been proven to handle almost anything thrown at them, with the upmost reliability, something required in racing Baja. Yes, most would agree "many pro riders" could win on any bike they ride. But most would also agree many "modern high tech bikes" would not be able to finish a Baja 1000 race in stock form. A stock, uncorked XR650R, "outdated 2007 model" if not crashed during the event, will be able to finish the race, then taken home, washed and ridden to work the next day. Tell me which "modern high tech bike" can possibly do that and I may want one. However, the demand for a bike designed for a specific purpose, such as open desert racing as the XR650R was, is not there. But, as I and many here have realized, this bike has also been proven to be able to do alot more then just win Baja races. Its a great DS option, Supermoto option, and most who ride them often in tight single track say they work fine with proper gearing. Just a great all around bike. Once again, tell me which "modern high tech bike" can compare to this, and I want one of these too. :D :cry:

• radvocaat

Posted February 02, 2008 - 08:26 PM

I guess Baja Red is not your color?! I believe most of the guys here on the
XR600/650 forum define their bikes by "Baja Standards" due to the fact historically the big bore XR's have been proven to handle almost anything thrown at them, with the upmost reliability, something required in racing Baja. Yes, most would agree "many pro riders" could win on any bike they ride. But most would also agree many "modern high tech bikes" would not be able to finish a Baja 1000 race. A stock, uncorked XR650R, outdated 2007 model if not crashed during the event, will be able to finish the race, then taken home, washed and ridden to work the next day. Tell me which "modern high tech bike" can possibly do that and I may want one. However, the demand for a bike designed for a specific purpose, such as open desert racing as the XR650R was is not there. But, as I and many here have realized this bike has also been proven to be able to do alot more then just win Baja races. Its a great DS option, Supermoto option, and most who ride them often in tight single track say they work with proper gearing. Just a great all around bike. Once again, tell me which "modern high tech bike" can compare to this, and I want one of these too. :worthy: :busted:

I agree with you.

Personally, I found myself doing more tight single track, linking trails, more than long distance, wide open riding/racing.

" But most would also agree many "modern high tech bikes" would not be able to finish a Baja 1000 race."
I think if they can make a 450X do it, im sure any of the others could too.

I think most of the big bore bikes could ride 1000 miles without a problem, and then do it again. Race it, who knows. Sure, every bike should be maintained. I still would check valves and change oil etc after a big ride on my XR (1200 kms +) Valves were always spot on, BTW. And i'll do it again, just more! The price i'll pay for 50- 60 lbs, and a superior susp etc.

Too many people buy a bike cause it won a race, not because it's the right kinda bike for them. You guys that rip through the desert at high speeds all day long are on a great bike, the XRR, but if you're racing the same terrain, then you'll be on a 450X, or some other big bore modern race machine, since they are better for 'racing' WFO.

I think we've established the Husky is reliable, and powerful, and we know the XR is, mod'd or not(well).

So, does anyone know if a hopped up, pro suspened XRR, plate-able, would have more HP than a (stock?) Husky and if it would weigh less or more?

• weskc35k

Posted February 03, 2008 - 12:32 AM

Yes and yes.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.