New to the club!

25 replies to this topic
  • martinfan30

Posted January 17, 2008 - 09:32 AM

WB E2.:cool:

• Old Graybeard

Posted January 18, 2008 - 05:05 AM

Free flowing-not too loud? Try FMF Q2. Nice compromise. Friend has WB on his L and for my liking it's just a tad loud. I'm quite happy with my Q2 but I'm probably a little biased. We've bought enough Fat Boys and Gnarly's off of them. We like their stuff. IMHO. OGB

• DGXR

Posted January 18, 2008 - 09:45 AM

You got a great deal. The red/white/blue bikes with red engines are somewhat sought-after models. My 500 has a 4" supertrapp which is nice and quiet at low to mid-throttle but barks loud at WOT, the great thing about some of these aftermarket pipes is you can add or remove plates (disks) to make it louder or quieter but this will affect high-end power and low-end torque conversely. There are many exhaust options out there for your bike. Nice ride - congratulations!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Suikerland

Posted January 18, 2008 - 12:33 PM

I really like anything from WB. Also look at XR's full system. If you want the ultimate(non-packable muffler) go with staintune. That setup is over 8 bills.

Staintune is good - 100% stainless steel, no maintenance, will outlast your bike. Good sound with removable noise restrictor.
You can get slip-on muffler only, a lot cheaper than the full system.

• spaceyd

Posted January 18, 2008 - 04:04 PM

I was thinking about a slip-on. I think the header is fine, just some surface rust. So I'll sand and paint it. I had a Warrior atv that had a supertrap on it, and I always came home with ringing ears! I was thinking something like the WB. Or maybe I should look at the FMF. That is what I have on my Cannondale. It sounds great, but is still not made to be street legal. I'm sure that they have something to offer me. I guess I need to do some homework!!

• spaceyd

Posted January 18, 2008 - 04:05 PM

Oh, never heard of Staintune? Are they good?

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.