How many gallson is Mouse McCoy's gas tank?

8 replies to this topic
  • mikesbaron

Posted January 10, 2008 - 03:57 PM

Posted Image

If you have a dry-break cap on a tank like this and are in a bind without a dry break dumper, can you use a regular gas nozzle or can to insert gas?

• mikesbaron

Posted January 10, 2008 - 03:59 PM

And does anyone know or think they know about this tank?
Posted Image

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:14 PM

Mouse's tank is an IMS 3.2. I have the 4.6, which bulges a little more at the top and a little wider at the front. As far as the second tank, wow, never seen that before. Not production IMS, Clarke, or Aqualine I don't believe. Got me on that one.

• Maroast

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:26 PM

That tank in the 2nd pic may be from these guys...a bit too rich for my blood (esp w/ the shitty dollar :banghead: )

http://www.spracing....t reservoir.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikesbaron

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:52 PM

So does anyone have a pic of the 4.6 gal IMS tank? I'm just trying to get this all straightened out in my head and eye now.

And that second photo. That looks so much like a 450 tank. Wonder if one would fit?

• Maroast

Posted January 10, 2008 - 06:04 PM

And that second photo. That looks so much like a 450 tank. Wonder if one would fit?

I'm gonna say no....well, maybe with a TON of rigging?!?!?!

If you look @ the crf450 frame, the "top tube" is a cradle type, whereas the XRR is a single structure.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

• jesusgatos

Posted January 10, 2008 - 06:26 PM

If you have a dry-break cap on a tank like this and are in a bind without a dry break dumper, can you use a regular gas nozzle or can to insert gas?

Yes, you can fill a dry-break tank without a dry-break dump can, but you can also order that IMS 3.2 gallon tank with a dry-break or a normal gas cap (I've got one with a normal gas cap). If you already have a dry-break tank Acerbis makes a billet adapter.

That looks so much like a 450 tank. Wonder if one would fit?

No way. Take a look at those pictures Maroast posted.

• mikesbaron

Posted January 10, 2008 - 07:29 PM

How hard is it to fill a dry-break with a regular nozzle? The reason I ask is that I like the looks of them and would rather have one than a screw on top.

• knuklehead

Posted January 10, 2008 - 08:23 PM

You just need to push down on the dry break,and stuff the nozzle/hose down it to hold it open.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.