exhaust cam

3 replies to this topic
  • honda0071

Posted January 09, 2008 - 08:39 PM

what would happen if i put a stage 1 exhaust cam from Hot Cams? it has auto decompression on it... would it be the same as in putting 03 yzf450 exhuast cam like the normal mod? or do i have to put both intake and exhaust cams for it to work. what would happen if i put both cams would i get less compression like the regular mod??? or would it build more by holding intake and exhaust valves open longer?

• 642MX

Posted January 09, 2008 - 08:48 PM

what would happen if i put a stage 1 exhaust cam from Hot Cams? it has auto decompression on it... would it be the same as in putting 03 yzf450 exhuast cam like the normal mod? or do i have to put both intake and exhaust cams for it to work. what would happen if i put both cams would i get less compression like the regular mod??? or would it build more by holding intake and exhaust valves open longer?

There is no benefit to buying just the exhaust Hot Cam. Sure the HC exhaust side will provide you with auto-decompression, but you need both cams to benefit powerwise.

Are the Hot Cams worth the money? You bet. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BoobZ

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:25 AM

i have an 03 AD 450 cam and its deffinately the best thing that has ever happend in 4stroke history.. :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted January 10, 2008 - 06:22 AM

By itself, the Yamaha cam will give you the best power improvement, and it costs less. The Hot Cams exhaust cam alone will give you some gain in power, but it was designed to work in concert with their intake cam, and as a complete pair, they work very well. If you're on a budget, and you really only care about getting the auto decompression feature, the OEM YZ450 cam is the way to go. Just remember, they require special timing.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.