Seat Covers

7 replies to this topic
  • bhsballer76

Posted January 09, 2008 - 07:34 PM

I think i am going to be needing a new seat cover on my 99 yz400f soon. It has started to develope some tears at the bottom of the seat near the bottom part of the gas tank. What i want to know is where is the best place to get a new seat cover and when it gets here, can i put it on myslef with a staple gun or does it need to be taken to someone to be put on? Thanks

• 642MX

Posted January 09, 2008 - 07:51 PM

The TT store should have a nice selection of covers. Or you may try to find a deal on eBay.

Seat covers are not hard to install. A standard staple gun can be used, but an air stapler is better. Start at the front, then the rear, then pull the sides down.....its as easy as that.

• bhsballer76

Posted January 09, 2008 - 08:47 PM

ok, thanks, im actually trying to sell the bike but i cant resist a few more rides. I just know that a few more rides with mean i need to replace the seat cover so if i was going to have to pay someone to put it on i was going to try to avoid that .

• rooster wrooster

Posted January 10, 2008 - 01:02 PM

If you like to do it yourself, buy a 1/2" crown air stapler. You can get them at harbor freight for $40, like this one http://www.harborfre....emnumber=46365 . Get the 1/2" length staples also. Takes less than an hour to tear off the old staples and put on the new cover. Run 80-100 psi. Check that the first couple of staples are almost flush with the plastic, if not go up on the pressure. Start at the front and work down the sides equally. Do a little on one side then switch to the other. Keep turning it over to check if you are starting to get any wrinkles.

If you buy a seat cover that is all ready shaped to fit your seat, then it is very easy to put on. Almost no pulling or stretching necessary. If you buy a piece of fabric and try to use it as a seat cover then it will take some stretching and pulling to get it looking good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hyperlite33

Posted January 10, 2008 - 03:00 PM

I think i am going to be needing a new seat cover on my 99 yz400f soon. It has started to develope some tears at the bottom of the seat near the bottom part of the gas tank. What i want to know is where is the best place to get a new seat cover and when it gets here, can i put it on myslef with a staple gun or does it need to be taken to someone to be put on? Thanks

I am going to change out my seat cover to match my new graphics sometime soon, so let me know if you are interested in my old one. It has no rips and there is a pic of it in my garage.

• KAS

Posted January 10, 2008 - 04:12 PM

If it were me I'd take the seat off and toss it, and buy an SDG complete seat.

The seat foam on a '99 is probably shot by now anyway, and you also wont have to bother with putting the new cover on.

Rocky Mtn sells them.

http://www.rockymoun...5#vehicleSelect

• bhsballer76

Posted January 11, 2008 - 07:27 AM

ok, thanks for all the help.

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 11, 2008 - 11:15 AM

GUTS racing

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.