New (soon to be) owner of a 02 wr 426

2 replies to this topic
  • Sylvain

Posted October 13, 2002 - 07:04 PM

Finally I made up my mind :D. This site helped a lot in making my choice of bike :D. A good deal from a willing dealer and I have to say thanks to my loved one, need I say more :)?

I don't intend to do a lot of modifications performance wise. I'm sure I'll have more than enough anything for a while, remember my present ride is a 1978 Sachs 250 wr, I'm in for a big change. It will finally get some rest. Until my 15 years old son grabs it :D.

I intend to ride the bike as stock as possible, for now... :D
I'll add a skid plate, , hand guard, a pro taper bar with the cr rise bars etc... Blue wire if it's hard to start. We'll see.
I'm wondering if the bikes sold in eastern Canada are jetted accordingly ?
I live near Montréal in Québec Canada, where the temperature varies from below freezing up to + 85. But generally I ride from the 40's to the 80's. As for elevation we are near sea level up to 2000ft max.

Thanks again for all the advice

Be safe

Sylvain

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fryboy

Posted October 14, 2002 - 03:40 PM

Hi Sylvain,

Congrats on your new purchase. I can only begin to tell you how nice this bike is. I,like you,chose not to do too many mods at a time. It had been a while since I rode so I wanted to adjust to things slowly. Let me warn you on the shock when first riding this bike. It definately has more power than any dirtbike I have ever ridden. After a few rides I removed the snorkel from air box. After a few more I removed air box cover and uncorked pipe. WOW ! Now this is a bike ! I have yet to take things to the next level. Still at WR timing and haven't touched my jetting. Why ruin a good thing? I may try the grey wire eventually. Bike starts great so no need for blue wire.

Anyways, congrats on your new purchase and welcome to Thumpertalk.

Fryboy

• RSA210

Posted October 14, 2002 - 05:34 PM

Sylvain,Congrats on the new ride!!! :DI'm from Michigan and I bought my 2002 WR from London,Ontario.My bike ripped right out of the box,the only thing I did was removed the air box baffle and drilled 4 one inch holes in the air box lid and put in UNI-filter vents without the supplied foam filters.Just fine tune the pilot screw if needed.This bike has a great mid-range punch with this set-up and the sealed end silencer is lesss restrictive than the U.S. pipe with the end cap in.You should find the jetting acceptable until you get THAT URGE!!!!WR's are damn-near perfect trail bikes.ENJOY your new purchase :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.