Tps

7 replies to this topic
  • boscoe

Posted January 09, 2008 - 01:08 PM

Hey, I know the TPS subject is a rerun but, I finally adjusted mine on my '04 450 and the stutter is way smoother. I removed my TPS during my first jet change by accident and when re-assembled ran very rough. I ran it disconnected and got it pretty good by jetting but it still stuttered. I finally adjusted the TPS to about.74 volts and It runs much smoother (street). One of the things preventing me from adjusting was I couldn't get a voltage reading off that TPS connector. I finally shoved some safety wire into the plug and I got a reading.

• tweav

Posted January 09, 2008 - 04:34 PM

I have a 07 wr and its a real pain to get to the tps . I was think about putting a variable resistor inline back at the cdi to correct my voltage . then once I get it right take a ohm reading off of it, then just put in the proper resistor. Do you guys think this will work ? because I'm tired of pulling the bike in half to work on the carb.

• Humunn

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:04 AM

I have a 07 wr and its a real pain to get to the tps . I was think about putting a variable resistor inline back at the cdi to correct my voltage . then once I get it right take a ohm reading off of it, then just put in the proper resistor. Do you guys think this will work ? because I'm tired of pulling the bike in half to work on the carb.

Are you sure your jetting is correct? I just went through all of this and I too was tired of "guessing" at what the correct jetting cocktail might be. I took mine to a dyno and for $160 it was completely rejetted to my elevation. Runs perfect now - no stutter - and I did not mess with the TPS at all.

According to the jetting expert there are two kinds of stutter produced by these bikes (at least the 07s): TPS and carb. From all I read you want to eliminate the carb first, then deal with the TPS.

Greg

• tweav

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:20 AM

I had my bike on a dyno and yes the jetting is way wrong .But I get both kinds of shutter one as I'm twisting in the other at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle cruising . I've got all the stuff ordered to fix all the carb issues . But if I don't get rid of all the shutters I am not going ever be happy with this bike. So what ever it takes .so what jets did you end up with ? what was your target air/fuel ratio?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Humunn

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:29 AM

I had my bike on a dyno and yes the jetting is way wrong .But I get both kinds of shutter one as I'm twisting in the other at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle cruising . I've got all the stuff ordered to fix all the carb issues . But if I don't get rid of all the shutters I am not going ever be happy with this bike. So what ever it takes .so what jets did you end up with ? what was your target air/fuel ratio?

Agreed. I was in the same position as you but now it runs perfect. So it can be done. Run a search on my username and you should find my setup. I posted it not that long ago.

Greg

• tweav

Posted January 10, 2008 - 07:48 AM

what I think is weird about my bike on the dyno . is it said my bike is way rich . at idle it was at 11.4 to 1 air fuel .with the stock pilot I think think is very odd most stoch wr 450's are lean.

• WR450RICKO

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:43 PM

Dyno it, don't touch and ride. Best $100 I spent

• Snakko88

Posted January 10, 2008 - 10:58 PM

03' wr450 Vortex cdi map 8 no stutter.......

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.