Excessive boot wear

4 replies to this topic
  • ddialogue

Posted October 13, 2002 - 01:46 PM

Anyone else have a problem with excessive boot wear? This pair has less than five months of riding on them. I have already chewed though a pair of Answer boots as well. I'm wondering if a pair of Alpine Star or SIDI boots will fair any better? At least they have the replaceable soles.

Posted Image

• Pooley

Posted October 14, 2002 - 10:06 AM

My Alpinestar Tech 6's have a replaceable square in the sole, right where you have worn through.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bman

Posted October 14, 2002 - 10:24 AM

You have got to stop riding with those homemade footpeg warmers.

• bman

Posted October 14, 2002 - 10:27 AM

I bet you through that having footpeg warmers was a good idea. :)

• Dodger

Posted October 14, 2002 - 11:49 AM

WOW, I've never see boot wear that extensive for the amount if riding time you've put on them.........sheesh, you must be an animal :D!

As far as the Sidi's are concerned, yeah they have a replaceable sole, but still not sure if the replacable sole could take that kind of abuse. I just got a pair of the Sidi's, and took the sole off to lube the screws that hold it in place. I'll tell you what, that replaceable sole is only 1/4" thick, I'm guessing you'd be through them fairly quickly. But, then again you'd have the solid foot bed underneath to help, so maybe they would be your ticket.

Again, WOW, I thought I was rough on gear :D..........

Peace

Dodger :D :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.