What Size Clarke Gas Tank

3 replies to this topic
  • jef

Posted January 08, 2008 - 05:55 PM

I'm looking to purchase a clarke gas tank for my 07 yz450, I ride mostly 2 hr. Harescrambles, a lot of single track. I would like to finish the 2 hr. event w/o pitting. Any recomendations would be appreciated as to capacity. I don't want to go way over board.

Thanks!

• YZfamily

Posted January 08, 2008 - 06:15 PM

the 2.6 should work out fine for you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racerxx276

Posted January 08, 2008 - 07:09 PM

I've got the Clarke 2.8 on my YZF450, I believe that is the only size they make for the 06-08. Racing desert races/hare scrambles , the most I've gotten is 56 miles or 1 1/2 hrs at race speed. Don't really see how you could pull off 2 hrs of racing on a tank. Trail riding sure, but not racing... IMS sells a 3.4 but its pretty heavy when full...

• YamaHonda

Posted January 08, 2008 - 07:42 PM

I'm looking to purchase a clarke gas tank for my 07 yz450, I ride mostly 2 hr. Harescrambles, a lot of single track. I would like to finish the 2 hr. event w/o pitting. Any recomendations would be appreciated as to capacity. I don't want to go way over board.

Thanks!

I have a 3.2 on my 07 and have finished a 2hr HS with a little left. I'm not a pro so my rate of consumption and number of laps may be different than you but the 3.2 does the job for me. I don't like the way the bike handles the first few laps when the take is full and I'm on the MX track part of the course. I don't notice the larger tank much after that.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.