linkage or shock bearings?

2 replies to this topic
  • lawndude

Posted January 08, 2008 - 05:50 PM

i just bought a 426, so i am going over everything. when the bike is on a stand, I can move the swingarm up some without the shock going through its stroke-i'm guessing this is not normal. the shock does however move as soon as the swingarm does, just not up and down, more front to back.Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted January 08, 2008 - 06:30 PM

The shock bearing seems to get the most abuse and wear out first in my own personal experience, but on a bike that has some hours it would be normal for all of the above to need replacing. If you've got the budget why not replace it all. You'll have it apart to regrease it all anyway. :banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted January 08, 2008 - 10:10 PM

Hold your fingers on each joint of the linkage as you move the swing arm. You'll be able to feel the slack in each one and find where the problem is. Don't overlook the upper shock bearing.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.