JB Weld AIS?

5 replies to this topic
  • atitagain

Posted January 08, 2008 - 07:04 AM

Has anyone JB Welded the openings from the air cut-off valve? Would there be any harm done in disabling it in that manner? It looks like they are doing that in the CRFX forum.

• erickdj

Posted January 08, 2008 - 07:12 AM

Has anyone JB Welded the openings from the air cut-off valve? Would there be any harm done in disabling it in that manner? It looks like they are doing that in the CRFX forum.

I did that on my WR. No harm done, it has the same effect as removing the AIS pump. All you're doing is preventing the flow of exhaust gases. I did it like that to avoid issues with the rangers at the riding areas, nobody has looked at my bike trying to find the AIS, but just in case they do.

• KennyMc

Posted January 08, 2008 - 07:36 AM

Yea, mine is off but I have kept it just in case. As soon as I hear of any local enforcement, it will go back on in the same shape that I took it off:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • atitagain

Posted January 10, 2008 - 01:26 PM

I bought some JB weld and I took the pump off...then I was thinking... wouldn't just taking out the metal reed and cutting out or removing the diaphram disable the pump:excuseme: ? Has anyone tried this?

• old man dan

Posted January 10, 2008 - 01:28 PM

I just put a ball bearing in the rubber line to disable it. Easy to undo if you have to and looks perfectly stock.

• William1

Posted January 10, 2008 - 01:59 PM

Plugging up the little vacuum line will disable it. Keep in mind, the port in the head will eventually carbon up and if you try to re-enable the AIS it will not work. The kits like the one from F2, have a plug that is inserted under the Allen bolt plug on the head and will prevent the port from clogging. You can then leave everything on, and do the ball bearing trick. I just pulled everything off, no one on the east coast looks for that stuff.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.