How much does a WR400 weigh?

9 replies to this topic
  • codlord

Posted October 13, 2002 - 09:13 AM

I have read all the specs regarding the dry weight of a WR400 (about 250lbs), but does anyone know roughly what one weighs with oil, coolant and a full fuel tank?

I am looking at buying a motorbike rack that fits on the back of a car. It is rated to carry 300lbs - is this enough?

• freestyle111

Posted October 13, 2002 - 09:14 AM

271lbs with all fluids including full tank of gas.

• codlord

Posted October 13, 2002 - 09:21 AM

Great, a reply within about 30 seconds! and the answer I wanted to hear too, thanks.

• techman

Posted October 18, 2002 - 02:25 PM

When I was shopping the blue bikes in 00 my local guy said about 280 lbs running weight vs 250 to 260 running weight on the YZ, basicly 25 to 30 lbs difference. He may have included the normal guards for a trail bike vs no guards on the MX bike, but he raced one and sponsored guys on YZFs so he was up on the topic (stock pipes, no aftermarket pipes used).

• bman

Posted October 18, 2002 - 03:16 PM

Too much and alot more than a KTM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 19, 2002 - 04:08 AM

Mine weighs 258 WET, But unlike my buddy freestyle I must be using Diet Gasoline..... :)

Bonzai :D

• techman

Posted October 19, 2002 - 05:29 PM

Is that a typo, or can you explain how you got the number? 250 something has been a long agreed yz value and the wr's are heavier...

• freestyle111

Posted October 19, 2002 - 06:17 PM

actually mine weighs 256lbs full of gas.271lb is curb weight of stock wr400.i have yz250f tank\seat andplastic,excell rims w\tallon ulight hubs,wb promeg shortysilence w\taper headpipe and various other weight saving still feels like a tank. Posted Image

• freestyle111

Posted October 19, 2002 - 06:30 PM

wr weighs more because of bigger tank,flywheel/stator,headlight\rearfender and exhaust.headlight only weighs about 2lbs more than numberplate,stator and flywheel add 1lb.,rearfender 2 1\2 lbs and exhaust 4lbs,tank with gas adds 8lbs.of these parts only stuff still on my bike flywheel\stator and headlight but my exhaust easily makes up for extra weight they that good enough explanation for you Techman?if not i can type it a little slower next time

Posted October 20, 2002 - 03:38 AM

Like a sinking ship I got rid of everything that added excess weight and was not needed to race.....WR rear fender- GONE...Headlight - Gone...Big Bulky Tank - GONE...Kickstand - GONE...Heavy Stock Exhaust - GONE , All replacements are YZF.... Weighed on a large (Accurate) Movers Scale. In actuality I have 2 YZ400's One With a 19 inch rear wheel, and geared a little lower (Trans) and One with an 18 inch rear wheel.

Bonzai :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.