white bros pipe question

7 replies to this topic
  • ktmburty22

Posted January 07, 2008 - 10:54 PM

sorry to bother you guys,but i just fitted the alluminium pro to my 08 yz450,the head pipe sits to low,it looks like i am going to have to take the pipe off every time i need to change the oil filter,is everyones the same or is mine out of alignment,cheers and beers.

• honda597

Posted January 08, 2008 - 02:56 AM

sorry to bother you guys,but i just fitted the alluminium pro to my 08 yz450,the head pipe sits to low,it looks like i am going to have to take the pipe off every time i need to change the oil filter,is everyones the same or is mine out of alignment,cheers and beers.

The WHITE BROS headpipe for the 08 450 is quite a bit longer than the 07 one, and does actualy hinder oil filter access. But the power gain is worth it.
Posted Image

• ktmburty22

Posted January 08, 2008 - 09:27 AM

cheers for the reply honda,so is there an easy way to move the header pipe,i tlooks like i have to undo the whole lot so the pipe can be turned up.thanks again for your help.

• yz250o2

Posted January 10, 2008 - 11:06 PM

I have your EXACT SETUP. What jets are you running man? Mine backfires and pops. I was dissappointed to about the header.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ktmburty22

Posted January 11, 2008 - 02:09 AM

hey there yz,i emailed wb about the header just out of curiosty,they where great to help out with my questions which is handy to know.he said all the headers are the same he said its a small inconvenience for what the difference makes to the power.im a bit anal when it comes to things like this, especially on a new bike,so it finally got to me and i tryed the stock header with the wb mid pipe and muffler and i seriously cant notice the difference between the stock header and the wb header,also solved the oilf filter access problem and runs perfect.im at sea level here in aus but im actually running the stock jetting and its running sweet,i was going to try the main jet that came with the pipe but i thought i would give the stock jetting a try first and it runs sweet.hope that might help you some.

• Ga426owner

Posted January 11, 2008 - 05:59 AM

All lowboy WB headers hang this low......all I do is use a allenhead for the top oilfilter bolt, never even hits the bottome of the header. I never have to loosen the header. Otherwise it takes all of 20seconds to loosen the header to shift up the pipe.......3-4 turns on the allen head and 12mm nut....:banghead:

Jetting is no problem either......

• yz250o2

Posted January 11, 2008 - 12:46 PM

Man it dissappoints me that jetting is not an issue with you guys. I hate being the only one!

• Ga426owner

Posted January 11, 2008 - 01:18 PM

Man it dissappoints me that jetting is not an issue with you guys. I hate being the only one!

practice and experience "Grasshopper":applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.