yz426 could i have messed something up

4 replies to this topic
  • 29-keith-29

Posted January 07, 2008 - 10:32 PM

i just put a new crank in my 01 yz 426 and after geting it all back together i started it up and its leaking oil from the side case of the stator reaky bad and on the other side not the clutch cover but the side case i used all new gaskets and tightend evrything and its still leaking what could be cousing this??:banghead: please help

• grayracer513

Posted January 07, 2008 - 10:45 PM

You need to identify the exact point where the oil is coming from, as in from between the stator cover and the crankcase, or from between the oil feed line ant the right engine cover.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 29-keith-29

Posted January 07, 2008 - 10:50 PM

between the stator cover and the crank case all along the bottom there. and on the throttle side right under the oil feed line but not the oil feed line it seems to drip from the motor and onto the frame and its leaking prity bad

• grayracer513

Posted January 08, 2008 - 06:12 AM

The 4 most likely reasons that gaskets fail to seal are:
> The old gasket was not completely removed, or
> The cover (or whatever) was over tightened and the gasket has split around one of the bolt holes.
> The gasket is out of position.
> An inappropriate sealer was used (Silicon RTV causes more leaks than it fixes when used on gaskets like this.

Also, if either of the mating surfaces or the gasket were damaged during installation (gouged, cracked, cut) that could do it.

• 29-keith-29

Posted January 08, 2008 - 01:00 PM

The 4 most likely reasons that gaskets fail to seal are:
> The old gasket was not completely removed, or
> The cover (or whatever) was over tightened and the gasket has split around one of the bolt holes.
> The gasket is out of position.
> An inappropriate sealer was used (Silicon RTV causes more leaks than it fixes when used on gaskets like this.

Also, if either of the mating surfaces or the gasket were damaged during installation (gouged, cracked, cut) that could do it.

i probly over tightend it cuz the gasket ripped around acouple of the holes now i have to do the other side witch is going to be a pain

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.