XR650l Mikuni 42mm pumper

46 replies to this topic
  • Babywolf

Posted July 14, 2016 - 06:56 AM

I do have a very fun bike, .....that was never designed for racing, but I do have a solution that all my buddies offered me for years if I wanted a modern xr, see pics below: p.s. I have to say bullshhiitt on your calling my choice of muffler making less hp, I run a dynojet kit with their jet for open pipe cause it ran best up top, and my xr weighs 305lbs wet, with shori battery under seat and all battery, fender, tailight gone, aluminum handlebars and sprockets, mini turn signals, etc, etc removed. Like I said it accelerates with the best, but I do not care what we do to them, they will never turn, stop or jump with the best! But they will make a great long distance "dual sport" for the money!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1468508067.304137.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1468508099.207619.jpg

• lax30

Posted July 14, 2016 - 07:37 AM

I do have a very fun bike, .....that was never designed for racing, but I do have a solution that all my buddies offered me for years if I wanted a modern xr, see pics below: p.s. I have to say bullshhiitt on your calling my choice of muffler making less hp, I run a dynojet kit with their jet for open pipe cause it ran best up top, and my xr weighs 305lbs wet, with shori battery under seat and all battery, fender, tailight gone, aluminum handlebars and sprockets, mini turn signals, etc, etc removed. Like I said it accelerates with the best, but I do not care what we do to them, they will never turn, stop or jump with the best! But they will make a great long distance "dual sport" for the money!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1468508067.304137.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1468508099.207619.jpg

damn man id love to see a fully filled 308lber!  ive got all the same stuff you list and its not a 40lb reduction

that means its under 300 dry.....only people who have gotten down that low have ditched the estart and usually change fly wheels, have no turn signals at all, tools gone, no bark busters skid plate ect...  Come on man

Edited by lax30, July 14, 2016 - 07:54 AM.

• Babywolf

Posted July 14, 2016 - 08:23 AM

You added a lot of weight back on with your mods, I didn't, no skid plate, xr doesn't need it, light weight xr600 plastic tank, only holds 3 gals, but since my highly efficient stock carb gets 45-48 mpg, it is plenty. Aluminum pegs, fmf muffler, no tools in tool bag (it's an xr after all, not needed), no passenger pegs (except when needed), light weight tires, and there is a lot more but I forget what they are, it's been a work in progress, however as usual you missed the bigger point....... That an xr650l will never be a good race bike compared to my 2013 KTM 500 XCW, 240lbs, fuel injection, 50hp, brembo brakes, hydraulic clutch, 6 speed transmission, modern woods tuned suspension, etc, etc. Even my 2003 cr250r would be much better race bike in woods than any modded xr650l. Sorry to pop your bubble, but do yourself favor and take that gas cap off and drive a KTM under it, you are welcome. (Cause I know you want to thank me now that you understand)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Firestone

Posted July 14, 2016 - 09:38 AM

You added a lot of weight back on with your mods, I didn't, no skid plate, xr doesn't need it, light weight xr600 plastic tank, only holds 3 gals, but since my highly efficient stock carb gets 45-48 mpg, it is plenty. Aluminum pegs, fmf muffler, no tools in tool bag (it's an xr after all, not needed), no passenger pegs (except when needed), light weight tires, and there is a lot more but I forget what they are, it's been a work in progress, however as usual you missed the bigger point....... That an xr650l will never be a good race bike compared to my 2013 KTM 500 XCW, 240lbs, fuel injection, 50hp, brembo brakes, hydraulic clutch, 6 speed transmission, modern woods tuned suspension, etc, etc. Even my 2003 cr250r would be much better race bike in woods than any modded xr650l. Sorry to pop your bubble, but do yourself favor and take that gas cap off and drive a KTM under it, you are welcome. (Cause I know you want to thank me now that you understand)

An XR650L is not the same class of motorcycle as a 500XCW. A CRF450X is. An XR650L should be compared to the 690R Enduro. Get your classes correct man.

All you did with all your mods is turn it into an XR600R. And who ever suggested that a mikuni pumper was going to make an XR650L a woods bike? I am probably one of the very few people who have raced both the 650L and 600R within the last two seasons... in the woods. They are not woods bikes. But that XR250R sure is! I will race against your 500XCW in the woods any day on my little bike. Come on over. We can even try the XR440 drag racing and woods riding  :thumbsup:

• lax30

Posted July 14, 2016 - 09:50 AM

It's all good bud you've missed every point I've made. Keep drinking kool-aid and giving out Ill informed info or statements.

As for your weight list same same but where I live skid plates are a must on ANY bike period. Prove me wrong, let's see a scale pic

At this point it's clear to me your a clown, rock on

Edited by lax30, July 14, 2016 - 09:55 AM.

• Babywolf

Posted July 14, 2016 - 12:56 PM

Relax dude, it just opinions, you are allowed to have yours, grow up and quit taking others opinions so personal, you sound like a child.

• Firestone

Posted July 16, 2016 - 03:13 PM

Got my TM40 on the 440 today. WOW.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.