another jetting thread... need advice asap

8 replies to this topic
  • wes782

Posted January 06, 2008 - 10:09 PM

ive looked through the sticky thread and i couldnt find much. Im from minnesota and am going to texas to ride this week and i think ill need to rejet my bike (2007). i have the zip ty mod and current jetting is stock except i have a 168 main and 48 pilot. it runs good up here right now but im thinking it will be too rich, this is the recommendations zip ty gave me. any advice would be very appreciated! thanks!

• wes782

Posted January 06, 2008 - 10:14 PM

alright well i just looked again at the jetting spec thread and i guess it seems like it will be alright, but still anyone else have any input? grey?

• grayracer513

Posted January 07, 2008 - 07:30 AM

Sounds OK to me, but what do I know?

• wes782

Posted January 07, 2008 - 07:37 AM

Sounds OK to me, but what do I know?

alot..... :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted January 07, 2008 - 07:49 AM

what part of Texas are you coming to... our elevation is all over the place.
just a thought.
jay

• Kasjok

Posted January 07, 2008 - 08:10 AM

What is your normal altitude and temp for such setting 168 main and 48 pilot.

• wes782

Posted January 07, 2008 - 09:07 AM

im at 700ft and its winter here but im riding indoor so its like 65 70 maybe ? im going to dallas....

• jayh300

Posted January 07, 2008 - 09:39 AM

i bought my bike from a guy who lived close to dallas, it was stock jetted except one step richer on the pilot, stock is 45, it had a 48. I don't know how that will translate to yours, but I rode the bike there and it ran great. I had to change the pilot to get it to run right here, we are at about 5000ft in amarillo. If Gray says you will be fine.... you will be fine. His advise fixed mine, no more prob's.
jay
btw mine is a 99 yz400f

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 08, 2008 - 09:02 AM

ive looked through the sticky thread and i couldnt find much. Im from minnesota and am going to texas to ride this week and i think ill need to rejet my bike (2007). i have the zip ty mod and current jetting is stock except i have a 168 main and 48 pilot. it runs good up here right now but im thinking it will be too rich, this is the recommendations zip ty gave me. any advice would be very appreciated! thanks!

Should be fine! take a 165 for main though. The pilot should be ok.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.