10 mods for crf450r

12 replies to this topic
  • Crfz 4 life

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:52 PM

Anyone got 10 good mods to do to a new crf450r that are actually worth the money and will still make the bike rideable?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CRF rider

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

what's rideable? lol

hmmm....

Here's whats on mine.

Crower sportsman package
Tokyo Mods Carb
CEET Step seat
Race Tech suspension
Oversized front rotar
then just a bunch of bling

Cost wise... couldn't tell ya. I bought the bike used. I only had Crower and Tokyo Mods go through it. Everything else was already there.

• tjg53

Posted 05 January 2008 - 03:32 PM

Suspension would be a biggy. The right tires for what kind of dirt you ride on.

• Factory Rider

Posted 06 January 2008 - 04:27 PM

Suspension, tires, get the bike ported and polished, get carb work done, get the correct gearing set up for the riding you do, get handlebars that fit your riding.

• cjxrider125

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

what's rideable? lol

hmmm....

Here's whats on mine.

Crower sportsman package
Tokyo Mods Carb
CEET Step seat
Race Tech suspension
Oversized front rotar
then just a bunch of bling

Cost wise... couldn't tell ya. I bought the bike used. I only had Crower and Tokyo Mods go through it. Everything else was already there.

what did tokyo mods do to your carb? did u notice much improvement?

• sawworcs

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

I would spend my money on suspension and a steering stabilizer. I also run stock gearing for motocross & 1 gear smaller in the front for trail riding. These three things make a much bigger differnts than any pipe or engine mod. oh yes and jetting

• 941MXVET

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

(1) RG-3 triple clamps
(2) Good tires for your conditions
(3) Skid plate, engine guards, It's hard to ride when you hear rocks hitting you cases!
(4) Fastway pegs mounted 'lowboy'
(5) New tires
(6) For offroad consider a Rekluse or similar device
(7) Oil, air filters, preventive maintenance
(8) Gripper seat or SDG
(9) New tires
(10) If you ride where you need a sparky, a sparkey

• byza_dog

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:27 AM

1 suspension
2 tires
3 numbers so you can race it, if you dont race then engine protection
4 hotcams to suit your rideing style (you said rideable so obviously you dont need or want mega dollar engine mods so the hotcams will be good shit)

5 jetting and/or carby modification from somewhere like tokyo mods or zipty
6 gearing with good quality sprockets (do engine mods etc first as you will need different gearing to suit what you modify.

cant think of anything else

• CRF rider

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:36 AM

what did tokyo mods do to your carb? did u notice much improvement?

I just got the basic 230.00 where you ship them your carb. I had them do both my 250 and 450. But it was much more noticebale on the modded 450 compared to the stock 250F. It really opened the up the power across the entire RPM range. And of course got rid of the slight hesitation and bog!

• 2raddad

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:10 PM

Anyone got 10 good mods to do to a new crf450r that are actually worth the money and will still make the bike rideable?

All good answers, but can you get more specific...your height, weight, type of riding, year of the fo-fiddy (if not an '08)?

• crf269

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

best money ive spent!!! and pro action suspension. two biggies

• mxjosh

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:07 AM

All good answers, but can you get more specific...your height, weight, type of riding, year of the fo-fiddy (if not an '08)?

No kidding! What exactly are you looking for in these mods? Your question sounds like you want to mod just to mod without any plan as to what you want to accomplish. The only time I mod my bike is when I have something specific I'm trying to change. I have never modded just to mod. What's wrong with your bike right now?

• assfastgrass

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

Suspension is priority # 1 !! Get it dialed perfectly for your weight and expertise level. Preferably from a shop that knows their stuff perfectly!! Correct jetting and gearing and you should be set. With just these mods, if you are good enough you can win anywhere except the pros where you will need more motor as well.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.