CRF80F 2006 valve adjustment procedure?
Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:44 PM
Posted 05 January 2008 - 05:10 PM
Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:29 AM
Would someone post the link to it please?
Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:10 AM
prior to valve inspection/adjustement : engine must be cold <35°C
inpsection of valve clearance as follow:
1. remove LH numberplate side cover.
2. remove seat + fuel tank to get access to cylinder head cover
3. remove cylinder head cover + LH crankcase cover
4. turn crankshaft counterclockwise and align "T" mark with the notch on the left crankcase.
5. verify if piston is at TDC on the compression stroke (check cycle of engine)
6. check valve clearance with a feeler gauge between valve adjusting screw and valve stem.
clearance for both valves is 0.05mm or 0.002 in
1. adjust by loosing the lock nut
2. turn adjusting screw to get the good clearance
3. hold adjusting screw and tighten the locknut
4. after tightening the adjuster locknut check clearance again.
5. install cylinder headcover , fuel tank, seat,numberplate and LH crankcase cover back.
6. get a manual it's very worth the money for the pictures
Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:38 AM
Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:08 AM