'03 Valve lifter replacement color issue

4 replies to this topic
  • chrispy1202

Posted January 04, 2008 - 07:39 PM

I am in the process or rebuilding my motor, and when i looked up a part number for the valve lifters (bucket), it only lists lifters that have the color marker for black, blue, or yellow. The color on the bottom of my lifters is red. One of my lifters was damaged from the cam circlip not being installed in the right spot.:banghead: (the reason for the rebuild) It is a Canadian bike and I don't know if this really matters or not. I was using a fiche from a buisness in Grand Rapids Michigan (Shawmutt Hill Sales and Service).

• clark4131

Posted January 04, 2008 - 07:57 PM

Read this thread and see what you find inside your engine. Worst case scenario, you can replace the one lifter and then shim accordingly...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chrispy1202

Posted January 04, 2008 - 08:50 PM

I have the whole motor pulled apart and sitting on my coffee table downstairs. Where is the color marking that idicates what valve lifters to use with this particular engine? I didn't have the pictures come through on the thread that clark4131 sent me regarding this.

• clark4131

Posted January 04, 2008 - 09:38 PM

Let's see if this works...SC

Attached Thumbnails

• pic23281.jpg
  • pic28145.jpg

• chrispy1202

Posted January 04, 2008 - 10:34 PM

Apparently i am computer challenged, when i came back to look again, there they were.
Thank you!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.