2008 Hour Meter for YZ450F

6 replies to this topic
  • Wes Woodin

Posted January 04, 2008 - 08:32 AM

As I noted in the 2007 thread, On the 08's there is not enough space to wrap the hour meter wire on the upper portion of the spark plug boot. Does anyone know where else I could wrap the hour meter wire. Maybe on the ignition behind the numberplate?:banghead:

• crf-f crf-r trx cbr

Posted January 04, 2008 - 08:33 AM

around the wire itself...then zip ty it

• William1

Posted January 04, 2008 - 08:41 AM

I was able to wrap 3.5 turns around the COP, works fine. Secured it with a piece of large shrink tube. Put a bullet connector between the meter and the COP to facilitate easy removal. works like a champ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wes Woodin

Posted January 04, 2008 - 08:45 AM

I was able to wrap 3.5 turns around the COP, works fine. Secured it with a piece of large shrink tube. Put a bullet connector between the meter and the COP to facilitate easy removal. works like a champ.

Now I maybe dumb but what is COP?

• William1

Posted January 04, 2008 - 05:17 PM

LOL, not a problem. Cop = Coil Over Plug
Back in olden times, we had a seperate coil, a high tension lead and a cap. all gone 'cause the COP came. :banghead:

• todds924

Posted January 04, 2008 - 06:00 PM

Now I maybe dumb but what is COP?

Hey Wes, i just put one on my 08. You can pull the top rubber part of the cap down and wrap one loop around then slide the rubber boot back up. This holds the wire in place then you can wrap 2 or 3 loops around the top of the cap and secure with electrical tape. Worked great for me and looks good to.

• Wes Woodin

Posted January 04, 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hey Wes, i just put one on my 08. You can pull the top rubber part of the cap down and wrap one loop around then slide the rubber boot back up. This holds the wire in place then you can wrap 2 or 3 loops around the top of the cap and secure with electrical tape. Worked great for me and looks good to.

I did just get the thing working. I wrapped the wire three times around the top and works! Finally! Man I appreciate your input, Fill her up!:banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.