WR to YZ conversions

3 replies to this topic
  • luvmy426

Posted October 11, 2002 - 01:07 PM

Has anyone here done some of the YZ conversions for weight loss (ie) tank, seat, light removal etc. If so, how much weight can be shaved off ?

• Hick

Posted October 11, 2002 - 01:59 PM

I've got a better question:

Has anyone here NOT done some type of YZ conversion to their WR? :)

The major (read: expensive) obstacles to duplicating YZ weight would be the 19" rear wheel (the tire is where the weight is saved), Al subframe, exhaust, and tank (also needs new seat).

I'd imagine all are worth at least one pound, with the exhaust and tire being the biggest difference, maybe as much as 5 lbs. between them. You may be able to find a desert racer w/ a YZ to trade rims with, and used YZ exhausts are in demand but they still pop up in the "parts for sale" section.

The free stuff I can think of may be worth four or five more lbs., removing headlight, kickstand (heavy), coolant catch and plumbing, and other foof.

Sorry, never weighed any of these parts, I don't have a scale.

Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted October 11, 2002 - 02:51 PM

You mean like this?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Bonzai :)

• thumperjp

Posted October 12, 2002 - 12:25 AM

To remove parts make light feeling but become stiffer and stiffer.
So you'll need suspension setting.
Have fun it!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.