sale value?

6 replies to this topic
  • amaltman

Posted January 03, 2008 - 09:25 PM

its breaking my heart, but I might havta give it up. any realistic ideas what I could be askin if I do?
'06 xr650r, un corked, baja quick kit conversion, metzler sahara enduro tires, dual CA registration and title. I have $7500. in her, and about 100 hrs on her,
and just as pretty as when I first laid eyes on her!
Im 55 and doc says i got degenerative bone whatever, I gotta be out of my mind to ride any kind of mc, etc. ya, I'm outta my mind, is ok, but I couldnt handle being cripple.
Is $6k too much? blue book suggests $4300.- makes me wanna be a cripple.

• HawkGT

Posted January 03, 2008 - 09:42 PM

The CA plate is the wild-card in that equation. Normally, I'd say no way you could get 6k--and maybe under no circumstances is that a reasonable expectation. But if it's got a CA plate (and there's no danger of having it revoked--how'd ya get that plate anyway?) then maybe you could find some CA resident that's desperate enough for a plated XR650R to pay through the nose for a 100hr example. I'd prolly take a while to find that person though--if you can at all.

$0.02

• Denn10

Posted January 04, 2008 - 07:03 AM

YEAH howd you get that plate???? Check cycletrader for prices of some other Rs and the ones that are plated and go from there, prolly only find plated ones up to 03 but youll see there definitely more than the ones not plated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • amaltman

Posted January 04, 2008 - 08:19 AM

just fishing for ideas now, cant even bring myself to put out a real ad to test the waters. Realistically the bike's hrs. are about 20. No odometer required for plates. I honestly admit to sittin and stareing at her as much or more as riding. told ya before i wuz nuckin futz.
Its not hard to get em plated in CA. even right now today, just takes some $ spent, and follow the correct procedures.
I posted the info here in early '06, but if you really want step by step,ask-Allan

• Denn10

Posted January 04, 2008 - 10:20 AM

Its not hard to get em plated in CA. even right now today, just takes some $ spent, and follow the correct procedures.
I posted the info here in early '06, but if you really want step by step,ask-Allan

thats not what ive heard as most are trying it seems in CA these days. Im like you i have a bike i dont ride but it is for sale but not putting alot of effort into it LOL

• martinfan30

Posted January 04, 2008 - 10:32 AM

just fishing for ideas now, cant even bring myself to put out a real ad to test the waters. Realistically the bike's hrs. are about 20. No odometer required for plates. I honestly admit to sittin and stareing at her as much or more as riding. told ya before i wuz nuckin futz.

not nuts, i feel the same about mine! do you have a family member that would ride er?

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted January 04, 2008 - 12:03 PM

YEAH howd you get that plate???? Check cycletrader for prices of some other Rs and the ones that are plated and go from there, prolly only find plated ones up to 03 but youll see there definitely more than the ones not plated

Having the plate is great, but if it was not plated by Jan '04, it can still be taken away by the DMV. I would say about $4500-$4800.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.