Do I need a tall seat?

4 replies to this topic
  • Altathumper

Posted January 03, 2008 - 09:09 PM

I have a 2000 XR 650R that came with a Baja Designs seat. The previous owner hacked some foam out to make it lower for him, but it's too low and uncomfotable for me. I will be buying a new seat in the next few days, but I am wondering if a tall seat would be best or would the standard seat be good enough? I want the SDG seat. I am 6'1" and 210 lbs, and ride fairy aggressively. The bike will be ridden as a dual sport and commuting to work so the comfort factor is also a question. I am a little concerned that a tall seat would put me up too high and i'd have to raise the bars.

thanks in advance.

• Potts228

Posted January 03, 2008 - 09:19 PM

I have a 2000 XR 650R that came with a Baja Designs seat. The previous owner hacked some foam out to make it lower for him, but it's too low and uncomfotable for me. I will be buying a new seat in the next few days, but I am wondering if a tall seat would be best or would the standard seat be good enough? I want the SDG seat. I am 6'1" and 210 lbs, and ride fairy aggressively. The bike will be ridden as a dual sport and commuting to work so the comfort factor is also a question. I am a little concerned that a tall seat would put me up too high and i'd have to raise the bars.

thanks in advance.

I used one in the 1000 and it was amazing! I pre-ran about 40 miles with the stock seat and then switched to the tall seat to see if it made a difference and I loved it! It is almost like adding plusher suspension and it makes the transition from sitting to standing easier.

However, I could see being more comfortable in tight single track with the stock seat so I am closer to the ground. I'm 6' tall and 190lbs.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mightymart

Posted January 06, 2008 - 02:19 PM

I would go for the tall seat too if you are going to spend alot of time sitting down, the stock seat is not for you if you have the option of getting a more comfortable one !

• Norge

Posted January 06, 2008 - 03:59 PM

I would go for the tall seat too if you are going to spend alot of time sitting down, the stock seat is not for you if you have the option of getting a more comfortable one !

I agree and please avoid the SDG seat! They are hard and usually a poor fit. Send your seat to GUTS and ask for tall soft foam with a cover. Its money well spent.

• dreedy650

Posted January 11, 2008 - 08:50 PM

i have the guts racing tall seat, great seat and great fit and very durable

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.