Need a wr 400 yr2000 tank

10 replies to this topic
  • davidspain

Posted January 03, 2008 - 06:05 PM

Hello. I went to start my bike last week and as usual I couldn't manage it.
I have only had it 3 years so I am still obviously getting to grips with the whole starting issue. Anyway to cut a long story short, when I stripped the carb it was full of water. I checked the tank and what I thought was 'crazing' turned out to be full on cracks all over the tank. I have no idea what has occured, and can only assume it was relating to being left in the sun, but the end result is my tank is knackered.
I am now in need of a yz tank / seat combo or a wr tank. No joy on ebay in Spain or UK, so I thought maybe someone here has one to sell.

Sorry to start my first post begging, but you know how it is when you can't get out to ride.

• stokebloke

Posted January 04, 2008 - 11:03 AM

hi here is a item number for a 426 tank and shrouds for a wr/yz 426 on ebay uk..it says it will post to the uk and germany so i would imagine he will post to spain drop him a e-mail, you may have to replace your seat if you have the older/larger tank from the 98/99 wr.........350010835219...hope this helps:ride:

• matt4x4

Posted January 04, 2008 - 11:19 AM

These claim shipping worldwide

• DanyR1

Posted January 04, 2008 - 01:42 PM

My WR400 1998 haved the same probleme. I have found here a very good deal on a like new thank and seat from a member, he let me a very good price and shipped here in quebec canada very fast....... good luck.
PS I have tried everything for fixe it.....forget it nothing work on a gaz thank.

• Captain Klutz

Posted January 04, 2008 - 01:49 PM

hey there,

just checked on ebay.ca here in canada and there is one for sale in u.s on item # 260199495845. includes tank, cap,petcock and a seat is also available.

hope this helps:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • davidspain

Posted January 05, 2008 - 08:46 AM

hi here is a item number for a 426 tank and shrouds for a wr/yz 426 on ebay uk..it says it will post to the uk and germany so i would imagine he will post to spain drop him a e-mail, you may have to replace your seat if you have the older/larger tank from the 98/99 wr.........350010835219...hope this helps:ride:

Yes I spoke to him and he will send it.

The problem I have now got is that there are contradicting posts on the forum about the seat.

The tank I have looks very much like the yzf tank on ebay, but I know it's a wr tank and seat that I have got.

One dealer tells me the tanks on WR changed around 1999/2000 and the smaller tank is exactly the same as the yz tank, but earlier WR's had a bigger tank, and consequently a smaller seat.

Other posts on here tell me the tank is same on a wr from 98 to 2002.

The dealer tells me the seat I have will fit, and that is repeated by stokebloke above.

Every other post on here tells me that I need to change the seat.

• DanyR1

Posted January 06, 2008 - 06:13 PM

The YZF tank is smaller and the WR seat have to be change it not fit whit the YZF tank........

• Alternative

Posted January 06, 2008 - 08:09 PM

Here is a good photo showing the different tanks. The red outline is the WR seat/tank and the yellow outline is the YZ one. Just have a look at the one you've got and compare.

• matt4x4

Posted January 07, 2008 - 04:17 AM

If your seat goes up almost to the gas cap, you've got the YZF tank, if there are about 6" of tank betweeen seat top and cap, it's the WR tank - my bike's a 2000 WR400F and the tank is original - as you can see by the pic - the tank is NOT a YZF tank - also as you can see, the YZF graphics don't reach up to the gas cap like they would on a YZF tank.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• davidspain

Posted January 07, 2008 - 01:05 PM

My seat comes right up almost to the petrol (gas?) cap and tank looks exactly like the yzf tank.

This bike however was never modded as far as I know. I was told later 2000 models had the yzf tank and seat combo.

I definately have the yzf tank. I assume therefore that my radguards must be the same as yzf.

Now if I can just get someone to sell me a tank i'll be happy.

• Alternative

Posted January 12, 2008 - 03:55 AM

I assume therefore that my radguards must be the same as yzf.

The shrouds are the same on the 98-02 WR and YZ-F. My 02 WR426 came with a YZ-F tank and I bought a WR tank/seat and the shrouds bolted up fine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.