450X beats the 650R in the baja???

87 replies to this topic
  • weskc35k

Posted August 30, 2011 - 05:09 PM

I haven't been on this site for nearly a year,I tun up look around and i'm into the same thread I was in in the end of 08.
Ground hog dayhey!

• sintax

Posted August 31, 2011 - 03:35 PM

Funny thing is that now even the 450x is getting old!?!? Anyone think FI is just around the corner for the X? I believe all KTM 4-strokes are FI next year? Whole new set of problems, but man is it nice to have that crispness! Braaaaaap!

No kidding. almost as good as a 2stroke huh!

• pwrpapa

Posted August 31, 2011 - 05:44 PM

I haven't been on this site for nearly a year,I tun up look around and i'm into the same thread I was in in the end of 08.
Ground hog dayhey!

Where ya been mate, out chasing dingo's......:)

• weskc35k

Posted August 31, 2011 - 06:46 PM

Where ya been mate, out chasing dingo's......:)

How did you know Papa?:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JohnnyAirtime

Posted September 01, 2011 - 09:09 AM

Funny thing is that now even the 450x is getting old!?!? ......... Braaaaaap!

... funny you say that, as I preserve mine in the garage all too often. When I rolled it out this past weekend to see if it'll start (it's been sitting since Feb!), it fired right up with a swift kick, and a quick shot of ether.

However, after rolling around an MX bike... I realize it's a bit heavy, and just feels sluggish. It'd be better if I put some fresh air in the tires (or had more than 8psi!) :)

BUT, we all know when you saddle up on the ol' 450X, she's always ready and rarin' to go. And will usually take you for the ride your after. So really, they aren't OLD per-se... just to us, we've not had a facelift on that model in so long it's like an old-girlfriend who we wake up next to... day by day. Sure, she could use a workout routine... some cosmetic surgery.... but, then she'd not be our Old Lady!!

[COLOR="Red"]HONDA[/COLOR].... TIME TO introduce the new and improved [COLOR="red"]450X[/COLOR]!!!

... cricket ... cricket

:)

• sintax

Posted September 01, 2011 - 11:19 AM

good luck with that...

• Lumberjack450

Posted January 03, 2012 - 10:47 PM

Or the new FI 2012 WR450.... :smirk:

• pgt400

Posted January 04, 2012 - 10:53 AM

No shock Honda no longer races a bike they discontinued 5 years ago....also should be no shock that new technology has reduced weight, improved suspension and horsepower to the point that the 450X is a more capable bike at winning races than the XR650R designed pre 2000. That said, I won't trade my 605R for a new 450X....for what I do, I want the ex-tree torque that bar-pie sized piston gives me!

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.