450X beats the 650R in the baja???

87 replies to this topic
  • Denn10

Posted January 09, 2008 - 10:43 PM

yeah johnny one bad rep and your gonna get the boot LOL how come you are new to posting here? Didnt really see much from you before this thread but you look like an OG TTer

• weskc35k

Posted January 09, 2008 - 11:49 PM

Bros the DUDE was the only other person on the site with me at the time i got punked.
And i wouldn't stoop that low so live and let live.

• busted bones

Posted January 10, 2008 - 12:00 AM

Bros the DUDE was the only other person on the site with me at the time i got punked.

good man good man, keep your dignity. i think directly reffering to them in a forum is better than bad gassing people

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted January 10, 2008 - 09:15 AM

yeah johnny one bad rep and your gonna get the boot LOL how come you are new to posting here? Didnt really see much from you before this thread but you look like an OG TTer

I post in "here" (speaking of the XR600/650 forum) on occasion...

If you look back, loooong ago... I used to own a '00 650R. Owned it for 5 years or so. And I get the joy on occasion of building up bikes for friends... I posted one of those on here as well.

In fact, when I signed up for TT... it was because of my 650R. I've been around this place for awhile. :banghead:

• kanyonkritter

Posted January 10, 2008 - 10:23 AM

How about the carpet? I was expecting to hear "the dude just wants his carpet back"

• DUDEBRO7

Posted January 10, 2008 - 10:59 AM

How about the carpet? I was expecting to hear "the dude just wants his carpet back"

Thats where its from! ... I knew "The Dude" was from something just couldn't place it ... Big Lebowski :busted: ... haha

So about the 650 getting beaten by a 450X in baja ... :banghead:

• Denn10

Posted January 10, 2008 - 11:30 AM

the REAL "DUDE"

http://www.movie-pos.../john_wayne.jpg

and as a swedish friend said once "dont be a fake nicker!"

• Denn10

Posted January 10, 2008 - 02:13 PM

Hey I didnt start it ... I just ran with it.

better keep running then cuz "the DUDE' is coming for ya just like the Terminator LMAO

http://www.astella.c...erminator.4.jpg

• hill5150

Posted January 10, 2008 - 02:50 PM

The 450x beating a 650 in the baja is a circular argument, look it up...............:banghead:

• BWB63

Posted January 10, 2008 - 03:30 PM

Just to let you know, that you can check the "Use Invisible Mode" box in the "Edit Options" page of your Account page and no one can see you "lurking" and "punking". So, you may "think" you know who punked you but, you don't. I got major punked on this thread, four to be exact. So, I must think I might have been on here and got listed as the punker:mad:

So now I am the Punk Rocker Dude? Doesn't matter I gave out (and I signed) "More fuel for you, BWB63" I didn't check the box "Use Invisible Mode" but, I guess to be safe from those that are looking for the punker, I need to?

Yes, it is well after 3:30pm PST and I am still here, lurking:p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikesbaron

Posted January 10, 2008 - 05:03 PM

Plain and simple I have to say that Honda running the 450 is all about marketing the 450 bike. The XR is on it's way out not because it can't win races or isn't an awesome machine. It's because Honda wants to sell 450ccs and they can do this. Baja will help them even more. This is not only my opinion but also of the KTM folks. They said the same thing when asked about why they are still building their 690 bike and racing Baja. I think it's only a matter of time before their bike beat the venerable 450x. And hey I don't even like KTMs too much either.

• XR4DEZ

Posted January 10, 2008 - 10:35 PM

The KTM 525 is what killed the sales on the 650r. Why not focus on the 525 for Baja? Everywhere you turn there's a 525 in the desert nowadays.

• weskc35k

Posted January 10, 2008 - 11:23 PM

You know the Team Honda CRF450x uses a power now wing don't you.
And this also now it sounds to me that bikes like the KX500 and a CR500 AF would stomp it in Baja now the higher speeds are not so much prolonged.
Whoever would punk BWB63 need his head examined this guy knows stuff and shares his info and time to clowns like me,so whoever punked him make it right OK.

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted January 11, 2008 - 09:33 AM

The KTM 525 is what killed the sales on the 650r. Why not focus on the 525 for Baja? Everywhere you turn there's a 525 in the desert nowadays.

Your not a kiddin with that. They are everywhere!

However, I think (and yes, I'm just assuming) KTMs ploy was to match big bore to big bore... comparing the 690 to the 650R and the need or more "desire" for more CCs. They are a bit behind the 8-ball with the idea... but, Once refined it'll be a killer bike. An intermediate between a 950 and a 450/525 is what the market demands for a long distance bike (or at least I'd love one).

The 525 wasn't developed as a "baja" bike... (again, in my opinion). But I'm sure they could have developed on it instead of the 690. I honestly like the 690 and what they're doing for it. Shows effort.

Honda... (in which I've bled for the last 17yrs) is using what they have as a resource. Fast riders, Baja knowledge, and a killer bike to leverage from.

Sure... 450Xs are now flooding the market. Hard to buy one used. And the more people ride them the more they'll realize it's a perfect bike to substitute the 650R.... unless your a die hard dual-purpose guy, and unless they come out with a 600X in a little less compression bike. Longevity, a bit bigger bore, and the same traits as the 450X (which is only a pipe dream). Or, keep doing what they're doing and I'll pick up a used and plated 650R for cheap in the next year!! :banghead:

... C.W. see you the 19th weekend?! :D

Sorry... :busted: :ride: :D as I've had two cups already.

• xr650l bum

Posted January 11, 2008 - 08:44 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics .... even if you win ... youre still retarded" [/COLOR]

Would not of been hard to say "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics... even if you win ... youre still special"

Your lack of any class is more self degrading than I could do to you on the internet with gas!

• weskc35k

Posted February 10, 2008 - 11:45 PM

The CRF450x has just won the Australian Safari,9 days flat out about 12 hours a day.
I had one as a race bike they are great.

• XR_RON

Posted August 29, 2011 - 07:51 AM

[quote name='Old-Man'][quote name='BAJAHUSKYS'][I][I]

650R is a killer bike if you ask me. I would say it's a great big for the races like the Baja 500 & 1000, and for the dez. What happens when you bring it into the woods on some tech stuff, will it keep up with a 450X that is not modded out?[/QUOTE]
Only If Scott Summers is racing it.

• sintax

Posted August 29, 2011 - 11:36 AM

did we really dig up this 3 yr old nightmare?

:)

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted August 29, 2011 - 04:17 PM

did we really dig up this 3 yr old nightmare?

:)

Like sun-ripened dog dookie. :)

[IMG]http://wegoinin.com/wp-content/themes/magazinum/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr65/seven3zero2/white-dog-poo.jpg&w=225&h=145&zc=1[/IMG]

• NewMexican

Posted August 30, 2011 - 02:27 AM

Funny thing is that now even the 450x is getting old!?!? Anyone think FI is just around the corner for the X? I believe all KTM 4-strokes are FI next year? Whole new set of problems, but man is it nice to have that crispness! Braaaaaap!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.