Where to buy new or hardly used WR450's cheap?

11 replies to this topic
  • motoadventures_Costa_Rica

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:22 PM

I need 2 WR450's, new or little use, 07's or 08's.
Any advice its welcomed

• clark4131

Posted January 04, 2008 - 06:32 AM

Estate sales? Check the obituaries, eBay, Craig's List, cycletrader and the TT classifieds. Other than that, you're just going to have to be very lucky...SC

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted January 04, 2008 - 07:59 AM

Sierra Yamaha, look em up on the internet. 6,900.00 otd 2008. 2007s are still around and you can find some good deals. Costa Rica is beautiful, I'll be back to ride one of your WRs. Jeff S

• Savagekilla

Posted January 04, 2008 - 11:35 AM

Same thing i'm gonna do, get a hardly used new WR450, I'm getting mine from Japan tho!

When you can get such a good deal on the same bike, but just used a little why not? Its new only for one day right?

:banghead:

• motoadventures_Costa_Rica

Posted January 08, 2008 - 11:36 AM

Thanks a lot for the replies

• bhiggins25

Posted January 08, 2008 - 12:07 PM

They're out there, but rare:

http://denver.craigs.../520601736.html

The effort involved with finding and shipping used bikes may not be worth the savings, especially since you need more than one. Low-cost dealerships (like Sierra Yamaha or otdcyclesports.com) were selling '07s for $6200.00 or less a few months ago. They may still have a couple left somewhere. I've seen some even better deals on leftover '07s on ebay, but the shipping and registration will likely nullify any real savings there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RAZ227

Posted January 09, 2008 - 08:11 PM

I need 2 WR450's, new or little use, 07's or 08's.
Any advice its welcomed

Just out of curiosity,what kind of price are you looking at?

Raz

• camaroman7d

Posted January 10, 2008 - 10:54 AM

I looked for a used WR450 for a while and people don't seem to sell them very much (compared to other models). I just bought a brand new 2007 WR450 for $4999. Unfortunately they don't have any more. My buddy wanted to get the same deal. I saw it advertized on E-bay. I bought it from J&J Motorsports out of Ohio. They don't ship (at least that's what they told me). I was lucky enough to have a good friend that lives 20 minutes from them and he shipped it to me. I got it yesterday :-) From what I hear they have good prices all the time, something about not being able to sell bikes in that area for near retail (supply and demand) not sure how true that is.

• beezer

Posted January 10, 2008 - 01:41 PM

4999 is a very good deal.

I want to ride Costa Rico too.

• RAZ227

Posted January 12, 2008 - 04:04 PM

I looked for a used WR450 for a while and people don't seem to sell them very much (compared to other models). I just bought a brand new 2007 WR450 for $4999. Unfortunately they don't have any more. My buddy wanted to get the same deal. I saw it advertized on E-bay. I bought it from J&J Motorsports out of Ohio. They don't ship (at least that's what they told me). I was lucky enough to have a good friend that lives 20 minutes from them and he shipped it to me. I got it yesterday :-) From what I hear they have good prices all the time, something about not being able to sell bikes in that area for near retail (supply and demand) not sure how true that is.

That's a smoking deal!! Congrats!! The bummer for me is it kind of makes it hard to sell a used 07 if there are new ones with that kind of pricing:cry: . I guess I 'll hold on a little longer

• camaroman7d

Posted January 12, 2008 - 04:53 PM

Raz,
I was actually looking for a used one when I saw this one. I think they might have made a mistake pricing it that low but, I jumped on it before they could figure it out. I have never seen one at that price. Everyone that hears what I paid ask if they have any more. When I was looking for a used one there weren't many to choose from, it seems like WR owners hang on to their bikes. You should't have a problem selling yours if you put a price that matches it's condition.

• RAZ227

Posted January 17, 2008 - 11:20 AM

Raz,
I was actually looking for a used one when I saw this one. I think they might have made a mistake pricing it that low but, I jumped on it before they could figure it out. I have never seen one at that price. Everyone that hears what I paid ask if they have any more. When I was looking for a used one there weren't many to choose from, it seems like WR owners hang on to their bikes. You should't have a problem selling yours if you put a price that matches it's condition.

I decided that I'm going to hold on to mine. The truth is I really like it. I'm sending it out to have the suspension reworked and buy some other goodies. (larger tank and scotts steering stabilizer)

I don't want to piss away more $$ for a new bike then spend more to get it the way I want it.

Anyhow, They are great bikes

Enjoy:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.