Show me your rear end !

14 replies to this topic
  • mightymart

Posted January 03, 2008 - 02:29 PM

I have just ripped off my rear indicator again & need to change the set up of the rear end ! I dont like the way my indicators stick out so far , So Im thinking of small leds, Also I must change the way my number plate is, it sits down to far ,I think it should sit just under the rear mudguard, as you can see from the picture my bike is standard but need ideas to tidy up the back end.
Posted Image

• JackAttack

Posted January 03, 2008 - 03:44 PM

Perhaps one of the "L" guys can help you....

The "R" guys don't usually look at others rear ends.

:banghead:

• KTMBlake

Posted January 03, 2008 - 04:02 PM

The Trick dualsport kit I put on a 520MXC a few years ago used this UFO piece, it's a nice solution.

Posted Image

• abby

Posted January 03, 2008 - 04:04 PM

Freshly plated XR650R:

Posted Image

• Maroast

Posted January 03, 2008 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, I'd hack that tail away if I were you! Baja designs sells the led tail/brake light setup for like $60US....but I've seen them on ebay for like $30US

I threw a set of these flush mount blinkers on (from ebay $15US) and really like them. They're pretty bright and haven't been smashed apart yet...I tend to destroy a lot of blinkers :banghead:

https://www.bajadesi...category=MCYCLE

Posted Image

• hondacrf150f1

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:46 PM

Freshly plated XR650R:

Posted Image

I had the same LED's on my 650R and they are very slim but i still maniged to kick them a few times while throwing my leg over the bike:banghead:

I just took them off and use hand signals...i like my bike as illegal as possible:busted:

My dad bought his 650R with the flush mount signals and they are great! only way you can break those things is if you lay it down on a rock:thumbsup:

• Maroast

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:58 PM

I just took them off and use hand signals...i like my bike as illegal as possible:busted:

Isn't it funny how no one seems to have a "street legal" dual sport.... but they always have plates on them :banghead:

LOE: "is that thing legal?"

Rider: "Uh, yes officer, see, it has a license plate...and here is the insurance card. It's all legal... (hey lets talk about other things so you dont look at the bike anymore)" :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted January 03, 2008 - 08:53 PM

[quote name='JackAttack']Perhaps one of the "L" guys can help you....

The "R" guys don't usually look at others rear ends.

:banghead:[/QUOTE

"L"guys look at "L"adies rear ends....

"R" guys look at ???? lol

• danny v

Posted January 03, 2008 - 09:06 PM

MOTOTRAX has a line of very small sidemarker lights that you can use. I have had good luck so far. They also make LED lights in the same configuration. $ 15 - 26 US. Barely street legal is still (street legal) :busted:
Good Luck :banghead:

• BWB63

Posted January 03, 2008 - 10:22 PM

]Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• mightymart

Posted January 06, 2008 - 09:06 AM

The Baja designs tail light looks the best thing & the indicators on the fender are the way to go.
Many thanks Guys

• dmvmechanics

Posted January 06, 2008 - 08:43 PM

if they were necessary, i would definitely use flush mounts, make sure you use a resistor. i do like that under fender tail light.

• dmvmechanics

Posted January 06, 2008 - 08:44 PM

oh yeah,
if the L guys are looking at the "L"adies, they must be riding an R

• GENE426

Posted January 06, 2008 - 08:56 PM

2 OF THEM

Posted Image

• mightymart

Posted January 24, 2008 - 02:36 PM

I have finally sorted my rear end !
I have used 2 waterproof strips of leds that I fitted in to the fender light one for rear light & one for brake light, Brake light being the center strips as they seem to glow brighter as apose to the other way round ???, also used a small stick on led for the number plate light. The indictors have bulbs in them at the moment but when I get the amber led strips I will fit them in instead.
I kept the metal bar that the original indictors were connected to but cut off the brackets, By keeping the metal bar made it easy to get a good fitting of ali strip for the number plate & keeping good strenght for the rear fender.
Looks alot better than the original :cool:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.