another oil question

4 replies to this topic
  • ktmburty22

Posted January 03, 2008 - 02:08 PM

gday there guys,i dont ask to many questions on here but if any one could help me out, it would be muchly appreciated,im looking for a good oil to run in my 08 yz450,i was recommended to try motul 300v 15w 50. i was just curious as to what you guys think.the temps here get pretty hot and still wouldnt get down below 10 degrees in the winter,summer here is 38 degrees at the moment,cheers and beers.

• Michael Cahill

Posted January 03, 2008 - 03:26 PM

Its fairly simple, the high quality oils are much better for your engine, and will last longer.

It doesent exacty matter what brand you put in, just as long as it is a type specificly designed motorcycles.

and even then, the cheap stuff will work in a pinch, but you dont wont to leave it in your bike more than a ride or two, because it will wear out much sooner, than a higher quality oil.

Good luck :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ktmburty22

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:18 PM

cheers for that michael,i change my oil after every hour so that shouldnt be too much of a drama,cheers again.

• grayracer513

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Motul 300v is a good oil. In your temp range, 15w-50 is OK, too.

• ktmburty22

Posted January 03, 2008 - 06:53 PM

thanks heaps for that also greyracer,muchly appreciated.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.