mid throttle burble

4 replies to this topic
  • dwby2kwr

Posted April 07, 2002 - 01:45 PM

Has anyone experienced a mid throttle burble. It only happens at mid throttle and in mid RPMs usually without much load on the engine, like when running down the road. The rest of the time the bike is great, starts easy and pull all the way through with no problem. I am assuming this is some kinda of jetting problem but everywhere else it runs so good.
I also tried yz timing without changing any jetting and the bike would start missing and popping by about 5000 RPM. Not wanting to go through rejeting the whole damn thing I just switched it back to WR timing, I have been happy there anyways. Before anyone asks, I have already double checked the timing to make sure it is correct.

• kev426

Posted April 07, 2002 - 03:40 PM

have you cut the gray wire? if not do a search and read all about it. if i remember right the gray wire affects the mid range and all the jetting in the world wont get rid of it.

:) good luck kevin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blackie

Posted April 07, 2002 - 05:20 PM

I had the same problem running stock jetting on a WR426. Cutting the grey wire didn't affect the sputter, but changing the needle clip position from 4 to 3 made a big difference. I also noticed a big change tossing the stock air filter and going with the UNI filter.

John

• dwby2kwr

Posted April 07, 2002 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for responding so quickly. I have already cut the grey wire and I am running UNI filter already. I have also played with the needle and the 3rd clip is the only one it will even run on. I have a race coming up this weekend and I am hoping to have it worked out by then.

• Taffy

Posted April 07, 2002 - 07:32 PM

try clip 2 in that case! you usually find that if it's a splutter on one position, dropping the needle cures it. but for ultimate running it often takes two drops.

if your needle has to come down that much it's often because the MJ is too big.

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.