my yz died, need a little help

4 replies to this topic
  • dmbperson

Posted January 02, 2008 - 10:10 PM

so.. I was riding last weekend on the river and my bike froze up on me. the main bearing in the crank went out and that caused some trouble with my cylinder and piston. so i am looking for a little advise on what to buy. Do I go all OEM parts or would you put in a stroker crank and big bore kit since i need to buy all new parts. where is the best/cheapest place to buy oem and after market parts? or do i do some oem and some after market, also, is there any other parts that you would replace while i have the motor split. any help would be appreciated
Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted January 02, 2008 - 10:31 PM

The best reliability is going to be all OEM. Big bore kits are reasonably reliable and not too much more expensive than OEM. Stroker kits are prohibitively expensive for most people.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted January 03, 2008 - 07:06 AM

The best place to buy oem parts is here on theTT Store. Support that hand that feeds you. The $10 you pay for membership easily pays for it self after your first purchase.

Make sure you are replacing the cam chain, but as far any other parts, you will need to inspect and check for wear.

• dejavudarrell

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:19 PM

What year was your bike? how many hours and what kind of oil?

• 642MX

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:52 PM

so.. I was riding last weekend on the river and my bike froze up on me. the main bearing in the crank went out and that caused some trouble with my cylinder and piston. so i am looking for a little advise on what to buy. Do I go all OEM parts or would you put in a stroker crank and big bore kit since i need to buy all new parts. where is the best/cheapest place to buy oem and after market parts? or do i do some oem and some after market, also, is there any other parts that you would replace while i have the motor split. any help would be appreciated
Thanks

I would buy all OEM stuff, unless you want to raise the compression or move it to a bigger displacement.

While I like to support the TT community (which I do buy from the regular TT store) I buy my OEM stuff from http://www.crotchrocket.com They don't have any membership fee's and the prices are comparable, and the service is 10 times better than the OEM.TT store.

While your rebuilding it.... I'd replace the timing chain, tranny bearings, balancer bearings, valve seals and valve springs.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.