True weight of the 2001 XR650R and XR400R

21 replies to this topic
  • 2WheelTad

Posted January 02, 2008 - 05:44 PM

Does anyone have the weights for these bikes. I keep finding different weights?? Thanks guys! :banghead:

• HawkGT

Posted January 02, 2008 - 06:06 PM

My XR650R currently weighs 296lbs.

That's with a Moriwaki full exhaust (w/ sparky), 8" BD halogen headlight, key switch, fork brace, mirror, brake light & license plate holder, brand new knobbies, HD tubes, aluminum rear rotor guard, EBC oversized front brake, and a dry stock tank but otherwise ready to ride. The OEM service manual claims they weigh 276.7 lbs dry (280 with the CA models' smog pump).

I once owned an XR400R but never weighed it. I wouldn't call it a lightweight by any stretch. I'd guess they should weigh 20lbs less than a similarly equipped XR650R. The claimed dry weight I've seen for the XR400R is 257lbs.

• BWB63

Posted January 02, 2008 - 08:22 PM

XR650R totaly dry weight is claimed to be 277 pounds in the U.S.A. hard to have a true dry weight bike so an XR650R with no fuel is a little under 285 pounds.
The same bike weighs more across the sea due to the fact it comes streetable so, this give many different weights on the internet. XR650R without smog stuff full of fuel is right at 308 pounds.

• 2WheelTad

Posted January 02, 2008 - 08:30 PM

Yah. There is tons of different weights all over the internet. I still think the XR650R is a better buy even if it's a bit more weight. Anyone have more info?? Thanks guys!!

• BWB63

Posted January 02, 2008 - 11:24 PM

Lots of info on these sights. Use the links to get to even more sights.

http://borynack.com/XR650R/

http://www.xr650r.us/

• weskc35k

Posted January 02, 2008 - 11:39 PM

www.srcinc.net/html/101-103.html
The true weight of a US spec XR650r is 287lb,fluids no fuel.Claimed weight is 277.
The weight of an XR400 is 265lbs fluids no fuel.Claimed weight is 258.6.
These are Dirt bike magazine as weighed figures.

• scalejockey

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:36 AM

my 650r mashed our scale at 309 w\ white bros. full pipe and full of gas.
It's a certified scale.(It's what I do) The same day I weighed a 04 rm 250 2-s 259 w\ half tank of fuel. That's the one that surprised me.

• sj269

Posted February 03, 2008 - 07:27 PM

My2000 xr650r, 4 gal. of fuel, BD kit, mirror, guts tall seat, cycra handguards, heavy duty aluminum skid plate, stock exhaust, aluminum rear disk guard, pro tapers. think I got everything. went to the dump and it weighed 302 lbs. ready for a full day of fun. Top off the IMS 4.6 and I could be around 5 lbs. more for a total of 307 lbs. ready to ride.

• resurrection

Posted February 03, 2008 - 09:12 PM

Lets talk about how much we weigh ?
I've had people tell me that bikes to heavy!
I'm 235lbs pretty big strong fella.
I don't think I'm going out to buy a LIGHT 125cc bike any time soon .
I may be 15lbs over weight .YOU? I'm not going to complain about the bikes weight.
YA KNOW.

• weskc35k

Posted February 04, 2008 - 12:51 AM

How many more times do i have to do this?
www.srcinc.net/html/101-03.html
So stock without liquids we know it weighs 283lbs ,we also know with fluids no fuel it weighs 287lbs.
So it's 22lbs lighter than a stock 08 TE610. www.husqvarnausa.com/2008/DS_TE610.html
And about the same HP uncorked.And will last ten times as long stock or slightly modified.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR680RR

Posted February 04, 2008 - 07:00 AM

The problem with the weight off that site is....they weighed it in pieces and then added it up. You get a different weight if you weigh it whole.

• resurrection

Posted February 04, 2008 - 03:56 PM

Do you think it's a math problem? or the bolts to hold it together?

Did you know theres 3 kinds of people in the world .the ones that can do math and the ones that can't.:busted:

• XR680RR

Posted February 05, 2008 - 07:35 AM

and those that can't figure in error. Fifty weights taken at one tenth or more off and you will get a few pounds off. When the bike is weighed whole on a very acturate scale big enough for the bike it weighs 284 pounds but, this might be off also if the reflecters and small things light the smog pump are left off.

• resurrection

Posted February 05, 2008 - 03:14 PM

The manufactures also do the math for Hp which has the same kind of error.

the three people joke isn't funny ?

• BWB63

Posted February 05, 2008 - 08:05 PM

I can see the point here. You can't weight the bike piece by piece and get a true weight. More often then not the weight will be more do to the weights being rounded up a few tenths each weigh. The bike with fluids should be about 284~288 and that would depend on if it is weighed with or without the smog stuff, reflecters, and if it is a street version from another country outside of the U.S.. You can weight the other direction also

277 + 2.5L for suspension fluid, 1.8L for engine oil, 3L for radiator fluid. and you have even a heavier bike. Like I said, before just over 308 pounds, but, every bit of junk was gone and full of fuel, stock, After all the extra's skid plate three pounds but, one pound removed for the stock skid plate, three pounds lighter exhaust, extra weight for the streering damper, shark fin, desert tank, very little street stuff and it weighed 324 pounds on a certified scale full of fuel. I no longer have the street stuff on the bike and it would be nice to weigh it again. there is lots of little things that are gone, no over flow radiator fluid tank, every little thing you can find that is not needed has slowly been removed over the years.

• resurrection

Posted February 05, 2008 - 09:44 PM

I'm rite back @ the fact that I can loose 15 lbs SO BIG DEAL ABOUT HOW HEAVY THE BIKE IS?
If you weigh 155 lbs you may be to little for this machine.
It's a big bike for big guys.
O ya I ride on the street and high way ,let me tell you fellas that have not ridden past an 18 wheeler at 80 mph. This bike is NOT heavy.

• Billahjack

Posted February 08, 2008 - 12:18 PM

One of my buddies had a XR400 and it weighed in at 300 lbs with around a half or so tank of gas on a 3.X gallon tank. It had alot of goodies on it and a dual spot kit.

• BWB63

Posted February 08, 2008 - 03:19 PM

I'm rite back @ the fact that I can loose 15 lbs SO BIG DEAL ABOUT HOW HEAVY THE BIKE IS?
O ya I ride on the street and high way ,let me tell you fellas that have not ridden past an 18 wheeler at 80 mph. This bike is NOT heavy.

Losing (body) weight has a lot to do with how the suspension reacts but, how much the bike weighs has tons to do with how the bike reacts. There is also a big difference in sprung and unsprung weight. Spinning mass can make or break you through the whoops. I know that not many have the full idea of what a desert race is (not that you don't) but, it is not fire roads flat open area. Major drop off's, twisty slow huge rocks, and open whooped out high speed stuff.

Some video's

http://beaucottingto...&H-ROUND01.html

• hondacrf150f1

Posted February 08, 2008 - 05:42 PM

I weight 145, so the Pig really pulls me around hard:p

How do you guys go about weighing your bikes?

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 08, 2008 - 09:05 PM

How do you guys go about weighing your bikes? truck scale

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.