OEM Clutch - What do I get and where?

3 replies to this topic
  • BASSic

Posted January 02, 2008 - 05:31 PM

I need a new clutch cable for my 01 YZ426 because it's stretched and the adjuster is all the way out. The bike still has the original clutch and I figured it won't hurt to change it at the same time.

I searched the OEM TT store for the clutch parts and found the sets of plates (8 friction plates and 8 metal plates, right?), but can't find the springs I need. What springs do I need to get, and is there anything else I'm missing?

I also couldn't find OEM cables on the online oem TT store - is this something I have to go to the dealer for, or is there another place online that has better prices?

OR do I just call the TT store and see if they have it???

• grayracer513

Posted January 02, 2008 - 07:50 PM

I'd call them. I've never had them not be able to get what I want.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 03, 2008 - 11:40 PM

I need a new clutch cable for my 01 YZ426 because it's stretched and the adjuster is all the way out. The bike still has the original clutch and I figured it won't hurt to change it at the same time.

I searched the OEM TT store for the clutch parts and found the sets of plates (8 friction plates and 8 metal plates, right?), but can't find the springs I need. What springs do I need to get, and is there anything else I'm missing?

I also couldn't find OEM cables on the online oem TT store - is this something I have to go to the dealer for, or is there another place online that has better prices?

OR do I just call the TT store and see if they have it???

I just got mine from my local dealer (needed them ASAP). I got the GYTR clucth pack for around 100 bucks and the cable for 17 bucks for my 06. I already had springs. Dont know if that helps, but it will give you an idea of what a good deal is. :banghead:

• rickallen124

Posted January 04, 2008 - 08:30 AM

Check with the tt store and then check north county yamaha at 1-800-225-1629. NCY has really good prices on oem yamaha parts as I'm sure the tt store aslo does.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.