Power Bomb

8 replies to this topic
  • h20mn

Posted January 02, 2008 - 03:51 PM

Was thinking on purchasing a power bomb for my 06 450. Called FMF and asked if I would have to loosen to change oil filter. He indicated that he wasn't sure. Are any of you guys running this type pipe and could let me know.

Thanks

• clark4131

Posted January 02, 2008 - 05:32 PM

No clearance issues on mine...SC

• tweav

Posted January 02, 2008 - 06:00 PM

I don't have to loosen mine up on my 07

• tweav

Posted January 02, 2008 - 07:03 PM

I was just down there putting in this rekluse clutch so I snapped a pic , to show how far it it away from the filter on my 07,I think that is the same motor.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • h20mn

Posted January 02, 2008 - 07:46 PM

thanks for the info. A picture is worth a thousand words

• clark4131

Posted January 03, 2008 - 08:26 AM

I was just down there putting in this rekluse clutch so I snapped a pic , to show how far it it away from the filter on my 07,I think that is the same motor.

That's a MegaBomb, not a PowerBomb...SC

• beezer

Posted January 03, 2008 - 08:35 AM

Does either one do anything besides lighten your wallet?

• erickdj

Posted January 03, 2008 - 10:33 AM

Does either one do anything besides lighten your wallet?

Yeah, they will do a little something, but I don't think it's worth the price. Specially not the Mega Bomb, it's like $300 for the header. In my opinion, it's aimed at those that want to squeeze up to the VERY last bit of performance out of the engine, regardless of price. A decent slip-on can be had for that price. Those $300 could be spent better elsewhere.
Again, that's just my opinion, time to get flamed.....

• tweav

Posted January 03, 2008 - 11:04 AM

I came off of a cr500 and I find this wr450f to be weak on power so every little bit helps . I had the thing on the dyno and it bearly hits 50 hp . My cr was 75 . so the wr becomes my street legal trail hopper . and I build a another cr500 . I hate have something not living up to the hype . and the mega bomb did exactly what I wanted it to do . I wanted the bike to be less noisey and more power ,because it is street legal I don't want pulled over

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.