2007 WR 450 rear fender?

42 replies to this topic
  • SJMC_DON

Posted February 24, 2008 - 07:56 PM

Dang, I would love to see a pic of a white headlight assembly. That would complete the package (front & rear fender, shrouds, and front cowl) and look awesome.

Ben

I agree, I want the white headlight cowl but I don't want to even put a head light in it, I just want to run it vs. a YZ # plate so during the races other guys know they just got waxed by a WR :smirk:

• bhiggins25

Posted February 24, 2008 - 08:19 PM

In Australia they offered a white plastic kit as a freebie when you bought a 2007 WR250f - they called it the 'white lightning' kit. Pic below.

I thought maybe finding one of these somehow was going to be the only way to do a 'real' white WR. Maybe that's not the case if UFO has a white headlight assembly now.

Posted Image

• wr450dazz

Posted February 25, 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hey dirtnerd great bike but lose the blue light n handguards if you cant get a white replacement paint the headlight with satin black as will last long enough till they bring out colour replica light i love the orig light shape as wouldnt get a aftermarket style yuk ohh yeah and rip those stickers off and get some black n white type ones!!!!!!!

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 26, 2008 - 08:04 AM

I have contacted both UFO and Polisport, neither of which are, or will be, producing a replica WR head light cowl in white... Anyone from Australia here that can find out where Yamaha was getting those white cowls for the 250's?

• jd99

Posted August 15, 2008 - 09:25 PM

ufo carrys them now, i just got mine and i love them

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 15, 2008 - 09:42 PM

pics please

• tweav

Posted August 16, 2008 - 08:24 AM

as far as the rear fender goes acerbis and ufo are making them . The acerbis one is a factory style replacement , the stock tailight bolts right on. the ufo comes with a differant taillight.

I was going to dye a headlight cowl black . the stock one is cheap only 12 bucks from my dealer. So is there a source for a white one?

• henrics

Posted August 24, 2008 - 09:57 PM

any pic? i can`t find it on their website..
Henric

• tweav

Posted August 24, 2008 - 10:21 PM

here's my black ufo rear fender . So what about a headlight cowl ?

Posted Image

• bhiggins25

Posted August 25, 2008 - 06:33 PM

So...word is that none of the aftermarket companies will be making a white headlight cowl, and information regarding the Australian white cowl is nonexistent.

I checked out an OEM site and the stock blue cowl is only about $14.00. If I had an '07 or '08 I would get a couple and try to paint them with spray plastic paint. I hate the idea, but judging by the luck that others on TT have had with some of these new-generation spray paints, I bet that it would look pretty good after a few coats.

Anyone want to try this??

Ben

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted August 25, 2008 - 07:02 PM

So...word is that none of the aftermarket companies will be making a white headlight cowl, and information regarding the Australian white cowl is nonexistent.

I checked out an OEM site and the stock blue cowl is only about $14.00. If I had an '07 or '08 I would get a couple and try to paint them with spray plastic paint. I hate the idea, but judging by the luck that others on TT have had with some of these new-generation spray paints, I bet that it would look pretty good after a few coats.

Anyone want to try this??

Ben

Done... pretty happy with the results, the fusion from Krylon worked pretty well but like you suggest I used about 6 coats:thumbsup:

• Himsa123

Posted August 25, 2008 - 07:29 PM

here's my black ufo rear fender . So what about a headlight cowl ?

Posted Image

hey tweav, do you have any pics of your whole bike with the siks pak graphics?

• tweav

Posted August 26, 2008 - 03:15 AM

hey tweav, do you have any pics of your whole bike with the siks pak graphics?

yes but I'm still waiting for my black front fender.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm going to finish putting the graphix on after I get my fender . I'm thinking of getting black # background with a red outline.

• Himsa123

Posted August 26, 2008 - 05:33 PM

That looks good man, especially all supermotoed.

• sarkmych

Posted September 10, 2008 - 09:10 AM

Gnarly Parts in Canada. Thats where I got mine from. 07 WR450 white plastic just started coming out in the last few months.

• fLUNX

Posted September 11, 2008 - 06:41 AM

In Australia they offered a white plastic kit as a freebie when you bought a 2007 WR250f - they called it the 'white lightning' kit. Pic below.

I thought maybe finding one of these somehow was going to be the only way to do a 'real' white WR. Maybe that's not the case if UFO has a white headlight assembly now.

Posted Image

Mine is "almost" like the Aussie...

Posted Image

"before"...using a red seat, now using a "One" toughtek all black (the red turn out "pink"... ahahhahaha

Posted Image

Posted Image

I use an halogen spot light in the YZ plate, but if I could grab a white headlight , that would be great.

can anyone give "us" the UFO part number and if please... a picture.

It is SMoto only in summer. (black excel rims also in dirt version)

regards, fLAVIO

• Himsa123

Posted December 22, 2008 - 11:02 AM

yes but I'm still waiting for my black front fender.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm going to finish putting the graphix on after I get my fender . I'm thinking of getting black # background with a red outline.

Hey tweav or anyone with the ufo rear fender, is the led light and holder removable?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 22, 2008 - 11:53 AM

is the led light and holder removable?

yup...they are 36 bucks online:thumbsup:

• Himsa123

Posted December 22, 2008 - 12:22 PM

yup...they are 36 bucks online:thumbsup:

Whats 36 bucks online? What im looking for is the black rear fender without a led and led holder.

• SXP

Posted December 22, 2008 - 02:10 PM

Whats 36 bucks online? What im looking for is the black rear fender without a led and led holder.

Here's a link to the UFO black fender with the light. The light is just screwed on and can be removed if you don't want it. Call the dealer - (815) 264-9062 - and see if they'll sell you the black fender without the light.

http://www.ufoplasti...r w/ Tail Light

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.