A REALLY small question

5 replies to this topic
  • thesurferfightsalone

Posted January 02, 2008 - 11:00 AM

Does anyone know the size and thread of the passenger footpeg bolts on an '04 650L? One fell off the other day and figure i might save some time trying to match one at the hardware store. Thanks for any replies.

• Denn10

Posted January 02, 2008 - 11:37 AM

8x16 is what is says on microfiche, so M8x1.25 im assuming as i believe thats about the norm thread count for that size bolt and 16mm long.

heres link to Yamahaoftroy.com microfiche great to have and free to use for 3 makes of bikes

http://www.yamahaoft...iche_select.asp

• thesurferfightsalone

Posted January 02, 2008 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for the help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maroast

Posted January 02, 2008 - 08:56 PM

....i might save some time trying to match one at the hardware store.

I've always found that my local hardware store is awesome when it comes to these types of things. Walk in, tell them its metric, and like 5 seconds later they have exactly what you need...... home depot on the other-hand :banghead: worthless!

• martinfan30

Posted January 03, 2008 - 12:51 PM

you just cant beat a local store over a chain for cust svc.

• lhark

Posted January 03, 2008 - 06:16 PM

If you have a Fastenal store nearby, they have some of the best collections of metric stuff that I've been able to find. Our local one up in the frozen north (MN) carries not only standard metric bolts, but stainless, allen head, allen head stainless, button head, and countersunk, along with all the combo's of nuts, locknuts, and lock washers, in standard and stainless. I don't know if they are nationwide or not, but certainly in the upper midwest USA. Worth a look for anyone in the metric bike biz...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.