Dipstick

10 replies to this topic
  • IrideWR

Posted January 02, 2008 - 04:06 AM

I went for a ride Monday and after warming my bike around camp I seen oil dripping from my bike, At some point the dipstick came out and i lost oil.:banghead: I don't thank it cased damage. When I got home I called 4shopes in the area and none of them had one. Has this happened to any of you. Ow and have you seen a billet one for them.

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted January 02, 2008 - 06:01 AM

I went for a ride Monday and after warming my bike around camp I seen oil dripping from my bike, At some point the dipstick came out and i lost oil.:banghead: I don't thank it cased damage. When I got home I called 4shopes in the area and none of them had one. Has this happened to any of you. Ow and have you seen a billet one for them.

Hello IrideWR.

It will help to know the model and year of your dipstick-less ride.

-Jay

• larry reems

Posted January 02, 2008 - 06:10 AM

It happenend to me a few weeks ago on a 2005 wr 450. I was lucky enough because the dip stick just came loose. I changed the oil and watch it like a hawk out on the trail.

• IrideWR

Posted January 02, 2008 - 05:41 PM

Its an 07 450. I got it last December.

• tweav

Posted January 02, 2008 - 05:58 PM

mine started to come out the other day on the dyno. I'm thinking I'm going to drill a hole thru it and tie it fast.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted January 03, 2008 - 05:47 PM

mine started to come out the other day on the dyno. I'm thinking I'm going to drill a hole thru it and tie it fast.

Post the dyno print-out:thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted January 03, 2008 - 07:57 PM

they did not give me one. the bike is still not tuned right . I'm waiting on parts ,for the next run. it hit like 49 hp but the slow jet was way rich . and I think my accelerator pump was not working .

• byggd

Posted January 04, 2008 - 11:24 AM

Don't drill below the o-ring or it will leak through the hole you drilled.

• tweav

Posted January 04, 2008 - 11:48 AM

if I would drill it below the o-ring it would not screw in all the way ether. I was going to drill the handle.

• byggd

Posted January 04, 2008 - 03:22 PM

if I would drill it below the o-ring it would not screw in all the way ether. I was going to drill the handle.

It was meant to be a joke. I figured anyone would know not to compromise the area below where the o-ring seals. Sorry, my sarcasm is sometimes missed. :banghead:

• JaysDirtyRide

Posted January 06, 2008 - 05:56 PM

Its an 07 450. I got it last December.

I have not seen an aftermarket dipstick for the '07 WR450. The dealer will prolly need to order it in for you.

Bummer.:banghead:

-Jay

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.