08 YZ450F miss firing

3 replies to this topic
  • Crankyz450f

Posted January 02, 2008 - 12:29 AM

hey guys,
I have a new YZF and have noticed that when im on the gravel roads between the tracks that we have it miss fires a lot at any constant engine speed.. It doesnt seem to affect it once im on the tracks but is really annoying tryin to cruise between them..

Is it jsut because they are such a high perfomance engine?

• kristylynn9598

Posted January 02, 2008 - 04:58 AM

Mine did something similar I don't know if I would call it a miss fire more like surging usually with a drop in power (not an increase). I went with a larger Main Jet, raised the needle one spot and that helped it a lot. Then it only did it when the throttle was barely open. So I went with a larger Pilot Jet and now it is fine over the entire throttle range. Starts easier too. Don't know if it is was that change or I just figured out how to ride a 4 stroke but I haven't stalled it in the corners since.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 02, 2008 - 07:31 AM

Go 1 step larger on the pilot jet, trim the idle mixture correctly, and see if that takes care of it. There may be no need to enlarge the main or raise the needle (and so no benefit from it).

If it makes it worse (very doubtful unless you're at very high altitudes) then go down one.

• carlsbadcrazy

Posted January 03, 2008 - 07:13 AM

I have an 08 YZ 450 and it popped on decel and I checked the hot start lever play and it didn't have any! So I adjusted it to have just a little and it cured my popping altogether!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.