Why doed this happen

3 replies to this topic
  • madmanuk

Posted October 11, 2002 - 03:39 AM

My wr400 is more responsive when i have the cold starter knob out and when i push it back in the responce is not so good, why is this.
Thanks

• racemile

Posted October 11, 2002 - 04:30 AM

Do you mean the "choke" or the "hot start"?? Choke out means a richer mix going into the engine (more gas), Hotstart out is a leaner mixture (more air), either one could be a tell about the jetting set up on your bike. If you run with both out, Then you have to give the bike back to yamaha and cease riding for the rest of your life lolol :)

Race

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x2smoker

Posted October 11, 2002 - 07:05 AM

A good carb cleaning may get it back to normal. I would completly dissasemble the carb and clean in a dip tank (not that spray-can stuff). It could also be an air leak causing lean fuel-air mixture so when removing the carb, inspect boots for cracks, make sure they were tightened properly, look for any loose screws or anything unusual.

I had a similiar symptom with my son's 2-stroker. It turned out to be a plugged up carb, a good cleaning was all it needed.

• SFO

Posted October 11, 2002 - 01:48 PM

there are some seals on the throttle shaft that would be devored by carb dip.
I would probably avoid using it on an FCR.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.