It's cold,don't forget to change summer oil.

43 replies to this topic
  • Denn10

Posted January 04, 2008 - 11:07 AM

no i doubt it would starve it, but what if its just enough to create a new issue? then again im prob. overthinking again!LOL...

gotta think of everything for sure, i doubt it would either but its not tested and some proven mod so never hurts to think it out loud.

• XR680RR

Posted January 05, 2008 - 10:53 AM

I think the bottom line is this issue was a big deal for this head once you changed to a race cam or raced the bike. It was fixed for years with making the total oil path to the head bigger, adding more volume and pressure from the pump to the whole engine. My 628cc bike was the one of the two bikes that this was done to and the tube was bigger with little round fins on it. It was much larger then stock and was a bolt on item. You still had to drill the holes larger if you wanted the full benifit. There is a lot of oil and I am one to think you will not lose any oil flow to any other part even going extreme. The head is the hardest place to get oil too. More pressure is just to make sure you are getting the oil up to the head and more volume is to make sure there is plenty moving. If I was still air cooled this would be my first thought with a bigger oil cooler. Oil is the life of this engine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650l bum

Posted January 05, 2008 - 02:02 PM

No one gets all in a huff when they are talking adding the xr400 oil cooler to the xr600/650. No one doubts the benifit and questions that there are drawbacks. No one has asked for specific data, but I think we can agree that it does work. How long has that idea been around? Long time! Honda still never added the cooler to either bike.

• scalejockey

Posted January 05, 2008 - 04:04 PM

Extra cost to Honda??, that would not make any more sales?

How bout some usd forks on my 650, eh? HONDA are you out there?? hello..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.