heat tape

5 replies to this topic
  • ragdoll 1

Posted January 01, 2008 - 10:56 AM

where do you get the tape that you put under the gas tank iv seen it in colours such as gold,silver,blue, its to keep the gas from becoming hot from the motor temps any help would be great . ps not looking for header wrap

• swatdoc

Posted January 01, 2008 - 02:09 PM

www.cv4.net

• ragdoll 1

Posted January 01, 2008 - 03:34 PM

thanks swatdoc,have you ever used this item if so how did it hold up?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tnl

Posted January 01, 2008 - 06:08 PM

I have some that I bought from Napa. Forgot what it is called but it was like $25 for a 5 foot roll? I have it under my IMS tank with about 10 hours on it and it's doing good.

• grayracer513

Posted January 01, 2008 - 07:22 PM

I use a foil exhaust duct repair/splicing tape that has a peel-off backing on the adhesive. I found it at Home Depot. Very cheap, very effective.

• swatdoc

Posted January 02, 2008 - 01:23 AM

I bought it, just haven't gotten around to putting it on the Lightspeed carbon fiber tank and carb heat shields I bought

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.