Best way to get to Throttle limit screw?

7 replies to this topic
  • steverad1

Posted January 01, 2008 - 10:06 AM

Hi all.

Just picked up a new 07 WR450. I went ahead and did the exhaust mod. Airbox mod and grey wire mod. I am going to order the jets and do the AIS mod at the same time I do the jets. I was going to go ahead and take care of the throttle limiter screw now. What is the easiest way to get to the thing? Do I need to take the tank off and get to it throught the top or some other way?

Thanks,

Steve

• clark4131

Posted January 01, 2008 - 10:19 AM

To do all the things you're planning, you're going to have to pull the whole carb. If you just want to do the throttle stop, you may get away with just rotating it and accessing under the plate that covers the throttle return spring. Gotta love innovation!...SC

• WR_Dave

Posted January 01, 2008 - 10:23 AM

The throttle stop screw is on the right side at the rear of the carb. If you can get it out while it's still on the bike then you can cut it down like it shows here. If you can't get at it then you need to do some of the things suggested by Clark4131 , I personally didn't feel the need to pull the shock to get the carb out. And Clark, you gotta get over the aluminum frame thing, it's here to stay, LOL. WR Dave.

Posted Image

• clark4131

Posted January 01, 2008 - 10:52 AM

And Clark, you gotta get over the aluminum frame thing, it's here to stay, LOL. WR Dave.

No, I won't! I won't, I won't, I won't, I won't, I won't, I won't :D :banghead: :D :busted: :D :D :ride:....SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steverad1

Posted January 01, 2008 - 11:03 AM

Guys, I appreciate the replys. But I'm still not clear on the best way to get to it. Should I take the tank off or pull the shock out?

Thanks,

Steve

• clark4131

Posted January 01, 2008 - 12:06 PM

The shock...SC

• HollywoodMX

Posted January 01, 2008 - 12:17 PM

Guys, I appreciate the replys. But I'm still not clear on the best way to get to it. Should I take the tank off or pull the shock out?

Thanks,

Steve

If you search there is a detailed thread on how to get at it. Also you dont need to waste the money buying an actual part, you can get a alan screw for 5 cents that will fit no problem from an auto or bolt store.

• WR_Dave

Posted January 01, 2008 - 02:38 PM

If your going to do everything then I suggest that you wait till you have all the parts and then remove the subframe, airbox and carb and do all the mods at once. As far as the fuel screw is concerned just measure and cut the stock one to the YZ length that I sent in the picture. WR Dave.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.