radiator braces/guards???

45 replies to this topic
  • black_n_blue_thumper

Posted January 09, 2008 - 10:50 PM

Just get Unabiker (the ones that WC stole their design from) and put em on. No trimming, no draining, just bolt em up and go crash. :banghead:

• rideawn

Posted January 10, 2008 - 11:16 AM

How much material are you removing? was only a tiny little snip of plastic, sounds awfully extreme. :banghead:

Removing nearly all the inside rib from the shroud, and also a 1.5" V from the bottom edge of the shroud. I would've preferred not to have to do that, but it doesn't really bother me. If I could do it again, though, I'd get WC or Unabiker (apparently). The downfall is, if I ever change plastics, I've go to do the cutting again.

• hi everybody

Posted January 10, 2008 - 04:25 PM

my left radiator's innermost core is squished...like the vertical cores are almost touching, is it too late to get the works connection cages? like will they still fit...even though they're a bit squished? I bent em back straight, so the alignment isn't off too much...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • youngr24

Posted January 10, 2008 - 08:17 PM

go unabiker, and have no more worries

• Colorado Kid

Posted January 17, 2008 - 07:15 PM

it looks to me that there may be a problem with air flow through the radiators. alot of the surface area is covered. Have you had problems overheating?

• DeeCee

Posted January 18, 2008 - 06:43 AM

Fitted Flatland Guards to my YZ400f, didn't need to trim any plastic. Lots of space in behind the guards which also act as a good brace as well.

+1 for Flatland :cool:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.