Colorado Trail Question

6 replies to this topic
  • devo1

Posted October 10, 2002 - 10:19 AM

Can anybody tell me if trail 717 is open yet? If not, I will probably check out Rampart.

Another question, is it okay to ride in there during elk hunting season?

Thanks in advance!

• Wicked_Crash

Posted October 10, 2002 - 11:02 AM

Last I heard, all trails in the burned area are closed. From what it looks like on the map, most of the Divide trail system is in the burned area. There might be a couple hundred yards of trails you could ride. I haven't wasted my time to go look in person. I hope they open it up next year, I miss those trails. :)

• Wicked_Crash

Posted October 10, 2002 - 11:09 AM

Here is a link to a map. It's not very good but it'll give you an idea.

http://www.fs.fed.us...losures_map.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • devo1

Posted October 11, 2002 - 03:37 AM

Thanks Wicked.... I was hoping for better news....

• Bryan

Posted October 11, 2002 - 04:06 AM

I have ridden motorcycles and mountain bikes during hunting season in Colorado for many years with no problems. I am definately more nervous on the mountain bike though.
It's probably best to wear bright colored cloths while riding. And un-cork your exhaust so you'll make LOTS of noise (I just had to go there).
As of last week, all the the Hayman fire burn area was still closed. I called the Forest service to confirm. They said it might open up again next year. For now, they are doing controlled burns and general clean up.
Bryan in Denver...

• SealClubber

Posted October 11, 2002 - 07:44 PM

Most of the trails marked 717 are open. But the area north of Signal Butte is closed. That includes 360, 361, 366 and 367 and parts of 717. I hope it opens up next year cause there are a few places I did not go. You can still do about 3-4 hours of riding there.

• devo1

Posted October 12, 2002 - 05:10 AM

Thanks everybody for your help. I think we are going to head out that way and check it all out. If nothing else, an excuse to hit Apex Sports!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.