Larger fuel tank for 07 wr450

13 replies to this topic
  • Blackmax

Posted December 29, 2007 - 06:39 PM

Can anyone suggest a tank that they are happy with? I would like to increase to about 3 gallon. I have heard of some leaky tanks etc. Thanks in advance!:banghead:

• CORider63

Posted December 29, 2007 - 09:21 PM

I have most of one season on the IMS tank on my '07 WR-450. It requires YZ 250/450 radiator shrouds, though.

The fuel petcock has to be mounted "backwards", but otherwise everything fits well.

• tweav

Posted December 29, 2007 - 09:43 PM

I have a ims tank also , but I got a petcock off of a 06 wr and now it fits right. in fact a petcock off of any year steel frame wr faces the right way

• Blackmax

Posted December 29, 2007 - 10:22 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Does anyone have a tank other than I.M.S. ?

• raptorjack

Posted December 29, 2007 - 10:42 PM

I also have the IMS tank. I did not get the YZ shrouds though. The stock ones will fit you just have to leave the two bolts out on the top of the tank.

• WR_Dave

Posted December 31, 2007 - 07:10 AM

I had a clarke on my old 426 and I would have replaced it with the same , but as far as I know they still don't have one for the 07 WR. I think IMS, Aqualine and Acerbis are the only one making bigger tanks for the WR's. WR Dave.

• CORider63

Posted December 31, 2007 - 07:17 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Blackmax

Posted December 31, 2007 - 08:52 AM

COrider61, That does look like a nice tank but perhaps a bit large for me. It seems I will have to go with the I.M.S. tank and buy new shrouds.

• Spokes

Posted December 31, 2007 - 08:58 AM

I have a Clarke 3.1 gallon on my 2007. You have to ask for the YZ tank. You do need ZY shrouds.

• Ferd Woodstock

Posted January 01, 2008 - 10:16 AM

Have an IMS on my 05. Well made and carries the extra fuel low. If I don't fill it up the extra weight isn't felt but the extra fuel on those long rides is one less thing to be concerned about. While my buddies have to worry about fuel after 75 miles I just keep jammin.

Posted January 01, 2008 - 12:06 PM

I have a Clarke 3.1 gallon on my 2007. You have to ask for the YZ tank. You do need ZY shrouds.

Do you have pic(s) of that? I was under the impression the CLARKE tank for the YZ would not adapt to the WR... my IMS is a good product but it feels too wide to me, the clarke looks narrower and would be interested to see any that have been mounted to a WR.

• Spokes

Posted January 01, 2008 - 12:25 PM

I can get a picture up a little later today.

• nevets mortson

Posted January 04, 2008 - 04:14 PM

iv'e got a clarke 3.3 on my wr you have to use an older wr petcock but it works great.

• wr450jay

Posted January 05, 2008 - 12:22 PM

safari 15 L 130 mile plus reserve great tank,

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.