Water pump/ right side case cover question

3 replies to this topic
  • C333

Posted December 29, 2007 - 02:49 PM

I have a small hole that appears to be machined in the case right behind the water pump. Water drips out of it when the bike is running. Does anyone know what this hole is for?? Or if it's supposed to be there at all???

• 642MX

Posted December 29, 2007 - 03:43 PM

I have a small hole that appears to be machined in the case right behind the water pump. Water drips out of it when the bike is running. Does anyone know what this hole is for?? Or if it's supposed to be there at all???

I think your talking about the weep hole. Its supposed to be there. When coolant drips out of it, it means that you have a bad waterpump seal.

The waterpump shaft mostlikely has grooves in it from rubbing the seal and it will probably have to be replaced along with the seals & bearings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • C333

Posted December 29, 2007 - 03:45 PM

Damn It!!! Thanks for your help.:banghead:

• 642MX

Posted December 29, 2007 - 03:50 PM

Damn It!!! Thanks for your help.:banghead:

Your welcome. Its not a bad job to replace the pump parts. The manual actually shows in good detail how to do it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.