What can you expect to pay for 2 NEW XR650R's crated

13 replies to this topic
  • TMD

Posted December 29, 2007 - 12:41 PM

Hi

Just toying with shipping 2 NEW XR650R's from the US to the UK. Would buy them new crated as they came off the boat from Japan so the dealer needs to do nothing but make some profit on what is really a paperwork exercise (no warranty, no preparation for the road, no plating)

So it would be a rock bottom price hopefully. These can be 05 or 06 models as we are not bothered about the model year as long as they are both new and of course factory fresh.

Any ideas what it would cost? I was thinking maybe less than $4800 - $5000 each.

Would buy from a dealer in Los Angeles area in person and arrange collection from the dealer and shipping back to the UK.

Any ideas would be helpfull. You can not buy this model in the UK anymore - tried all over, we have some contacts for shipping so this may not be quite as mad an idea as it seems.

Any dealers please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance

TMD

• miguelitro

Posted December 29, 2007 - 01:56 PM

I would contact honda of Los Angeles, they seem to have the best deals OTD(which happens to be their website) I know here a new R goes for about 5800 OTD

• BWB63

Posted December 29, 2007 - 06:43 PM

L.A. Handa had a OTD price of $4,999 in the cycle trader for an 05' few months ago. 310-677-5800 Nothing this month in the cycle trader for the XR650R, just the XR650LL

• weskc35k

Posted December 29, 2007 - 07:52 PM

You will have to pay freight and duty as well.

• TMD

Posted December 30, 2007 - 12:56 AM

Thanks. I have been in touch with LA Honda (OTD) but they say they have no XR650R's left???? I have replied saying that they will have more won't they as it is a current US model but they have yet to reply. We will not need them for a few months so no rush.

• dmvmechanics

Posted December 30, 2007 - 07:51 AM

good luck, no 08s being made, what a let down

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 30, 2007 - 08:33 AM

According to my Honda friend, there are about 250 new XR650R's left accross the USA. About 20 are in crates. He says you should not expect a deal less than $ 5200.00 plus shipping/tariff/tax, as you are a 'high-demand' client, and there is no reason to discount the sale.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR_RON

Posted December 30, 2007 - 09:15 AM

Ive shipped a F150, a GMC express full size van,a very large crate of personal goods,a 99XR250,and Im about to ship a 2008 XR650L to Panama,Ive used a co.called SEA CARGO SA.out of Miami FL,but there supposed to be nationwide,if this will help at all.They will pick up at your front door,but I went ahead and drove my cargo to them, just to save a little coin. Just type it in to your PC,they will come up. Good Luck.

• TMD

Posted December 30, 2007 - 11:30 AM

Many thanks XR Ron :banghead:

Krannie why are we a high demand client? Surely we are an easy sale. No work to do - just take the cheque and forklift two crated bikes onto a truck. About as easy as it can get - surely?

Plus we DO NOT NEED OTD prices (if that is the same as our "on the road" price), we are not needing any registration, PDI, or any prep whatsoever. Just as the new bikes are delivered to the dealer strapped into their shipping crates, just all the dealer has to do is take the lid off and make sure the bikes are all there and all is well and re-seal.

• xr650l bum

Posted December 30, 2007 - 11:44 AM

Many thanks XR Ron :banghead:

Krannie why are we a high demand client? Surely we are an easy sale. No work to do - just take the cheque and forklift two crated bikes onto a truck. About as easy as it can get - surely?

I believe he means the product you desire is in high demand. Dealers can probably make more locally.

• martinfan30

Posted December 30, 2007 - 03:03 PM

shouldnt they be paying you to take them off their hands? LOL

• TMD

Posted December 31, 2007 - 04:19 AM

C'mon don't get the wrong idea, in this country (UK) if you buy one as a "trade sale" with no warranty and with no reg plates, road tax, no prep you WILL get a good deal - it's obvious as the dealer has nothing to do apart from the paperwork.

• pwrpapa

Posted December 31, 2007 - 04:49 AM

My son has 07's for 5000.00 still in the crate.

• ODSC1

Posted January 04, 2008 - 09:31 PM

Try contacting Honda US through their Customer Service dept. They should be able to tell you what dealers have inventory of the bike you want.

Brian

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.