WR Ride

4 replies to this topic
  • Emiliano

Posted December 28, 2007 - 08:27 PM

Today, I change bikes with my mate, he has a 07 WR450, and I have a 08 YZ450, I was very surprised, the bike felt so heavy, and the suspension was so soft, the only 2 things I liked, were the e-start and that you could cruse the bike in 3 gear all the time (we were doing some fast trails) witout touching the clutch, but I did´t like the bike at all.
I even felt the WR is wider, but they look the same:excuseme:
What surprised me it´s how different the 2 bikes are. Defenetly I´m faster with my bike, and coming off a 99 YZ400, I felt that I could be faster with the old fat than with the newer WR.
I´m in love with my YZ
Any ways my mate loved my bike suspension and the weigth, but he realy likes enduro, so I think he will be happier on the WR
Sorry my spell, I learned eanglish 10 years ago and haven´t used it since

• SRT426

Posted December 29, 2007 - 02:34 AM

Tell your friend to stiffen up his suspension on the WR and that will help make it ride closer to the way your YZ does. He would have to revalve it to get it exactly like yours but some different springs, front and rear, and adjusting the level of the fork oil will propbably make him happier with it. Setting up the suspension properly will also help make the added weight of the WR maybe a little less noticeable. You gotta remember that those bikes are built for different purposes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tnl

Posted December 29, 2007 - 07:52 AM

I sat on a new wr450 the other day at the shop and could tell/fell the weight difference too without even riding it.

• 642MX

Posted December 29, 2007 - 03:48 PM

A friend of mine has a new WR. I sat on it and leaned it over and you could feel how top heavy it was. I truely believe that its heavier than my old 426.

• erickdj

Posted December 29, 2007 - 08:45 PM

I have those exact same two model bikes, 07 WR450F and 08 YZ450F. They are two VERY different beasts. The difference is clear, YZ for the MX track, and WR for trails/woods/off road. The ideal situation would be to have both bikes and use them according to the type of riding to be done, but not everyone can afford to have two bikes. I'm lucky enough to be able to own both. One thing that someone can do if money is an issue, buy a 2004-2006 used WR for the trails/woods, and a 2000-2005 used YZ 2 stroke for the MX track, that's my version of the best of both worlds on a budget. I know I wouldn't trade my WR in the woods for anything else, and my YZ for the track. Does your friend have his WR uncorked? If not, you should try an uncorked WR. Also, as someone mentioned before, stiffen up the suspension on the WR, it comes soft from the factory.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.